Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

lazy-but-talented t1_j9vpcr4 wrote

Pull over have a pint and a taco and wait for it all to blow over

6th__extinction t1_j9w8uwy wrote

Whalley Ave is worse IMO. I loathe Whalley Ave; begins innocently enough as you exit downtown, immediate congestion near Dwight St., rips open like a highway by Stop & Shop only to be shafted by 5 lights covering .6 miles. Chaos abounds from the Boulevard to Osborn, cruise by the graveyard until we screech to a halt entering “downtown Westville” aka the Worst. Red lights, phantom merges, turn only lanes, buses, pedestrians, etc. At worst it’s a crawl from the Mitchell Library to Amity, at best it sucks. Not bike friendly at all but I have seen a few sickos try. Probably top 5 street for pedestrians being hit every year. Everyone uses the Valley St route to avoid Whalley. I also use the Amity Liquor parking lot to cut over to 63.

DeskFan203 t1_j9wcqwr wrote

These out of staters act like they've never seen the GD ocean lol

−1

awebr t1_j9wjhwr wrote

complaining about traffic while actively contributing to traffic

newmoon23 t1_j9wtse5 wrote

The sun was low and bright at this time, it was a bad drive for a few miles there.

HockeyandTrauma t1_j9wznjg wrote

It wasn’t that bad today. Got through it fairly quickly, even at 4.

Longhorns_ t1_j9x2fxo wrote

I hate that light in downtown on the Frontage Road/Oak Street Connector to enter the freeway from the hospitals

me00lmeals t1_j9x9n02 wrote

I remember taking a wrong turn once around Mitchell Library on my way home and unknowingly drove straight into this mess. Traumatized me for life. I swore to never make that mistake again and now I always triple check which turn I’m taking anytime I get anywhere near Whalley

suburban_mom_jeans t1_j9xgo12 wrote

I hop off and usually hop back on in West Haven or Milford and hope that the traffic has let up.

marxianthings t1_j9xpvn2 wrote

One day we will see I-95 fall and the city connected to the shore.

daveashaw t1_j9yevoo wrote

Been driving to work down Whalley since 1985. Now I am remote working but I still have to make the trek at least once a week. The traffic flow has actually improved with the newer turn lanes, but it still sucks.

Fun-Cockroach8339 t1_j9ykirj wrote

If I had a spare few billion, I’d bury 95 by long wharf and build waterfront housing and shops over the top.

Humbabwe t1_j9ztgnq wrote

Please tell me you actually think it’s “isint”

Nyrfan2017 t1_ja1lxeq wrote

I love how they have a on-ramp merging into a lane that is an exit only in less than quarter mile .. what amazes me is someone with lots of education looked at plans and said yeah this should work ..