Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MazenGreen t1_jblhp9l wrote

Maybe because you’ve been there you don’t like it? But there’s so much to do and see you there. I’m not sure how you can even say that. I’ve lived in Connecticut all my life and I frequently go to Manhattan for mostly Rangers games but my girlfriend and I always go a couple times a year for a weekend just to hang out, we could always walk around and find cool stuff, there’s tons of awesome events, museums, and activities to do as well. Not to mention the restaurants there are awesome, so I’m not sure why you’re calling me a hick when there’s plenty to do in New York City.

Especially for people who have never visited there’s a whole lot you can do and a few days doesn’t do it justice

paddyboombotz t1_jblipo8 wrote

You’re not sure how I can say that? I’m born and raised there. People like you ruined my city. And now you want to act a hot shot and shit on smaller cities because you go to midtown once a month to do boring shit. You probably goto Manhattan and look up at the buildings.

MazenGreen t1_jblkwm3 wrote

How did it ruin it? Lmao you don’t know me at all.

I don’t go to look at buildings, I literally just told you some of what I do there.

I think the city is very happy to take my money, so I’m not sure why you’re so salty and upset, did someone hurt you today?

paddyboombotz t1_jblloca wrote

You just said you goto rangers games and stay in manhattan. In 2023. That’s two of the most boring things you could do in nyc. Also I said “look UP at the buildings,” implying you’re a hick, which you are. You ever been pre 9/11?

MazenGreen t1_jblpiyk wrote

that’s 1 of the many things I listed… nice cherry picking. Obviously rangers games are exciting for people who like hockey, if you don’t that’s fine, but doesn’t make it less exciting for the 20k people in the building, and everyone watching on tv/at bars etc

what was different to you pre 9:11 to now?

You seem very upset for no reason, would you like to talk to a therapist?

paddyboombotz t1_jblqq45 wrote

I’m not upset at all, I’m just pointing out the facts. You say New Haven is a boring, unimpressive city, but think Manhattan in 2023 is some enriching cultural experience. The irony is lost on you I suppose.

MazenGreen t1_jbm5ls5 wrote

lmao I never said enriching cultural experience. I said as a while NYC is better, which it is. I bet if you polled people you’d find I’m right

So again, what, in your opinion was better about NYC before 9/11?? You sound like a 40+ year old cranky old man, and/or a Republican who hates how liberal NYC got

paddyboombotz t1_jbm8cpy wrote

Nyc, I’d anything has gotten way more conservative and uptight. Yuppies everywhere, calling noise complaints after buying apartments above bars and music venues. I’m still in my 30s, and when I was a kid I used to goto punk matinees at cbgbs, abc no rio, and c squat so you’re wrong again. All those places are gone. Enjoy the frozen yogurt stores and corner banks.

MazenGreen t1_jbmd7p6 wrote

I haven’t found it more conservative, but maybe you get mad easily (obviously) I feel like pink matinees are boring LMAO ( see what I did there, you called hockey boring even when it isn’t)

I have never been to a frozen yogurt place in NYC haha nor have I been to a bank there. Why would I go to a bank?