Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TheyCallMeTylee t1_jdcgflb wrote

If you're looking on Front St to the South of Grand Ave, consider seeing if any of the "Riverplace" Condos are available for sale or rent. I bought mine in 2019 and plan to stay for a while more. I'm 35, male, no kids. I have loved the location and neighborhood ever since. The neighbors have been friendly and helpful. Favorite parts -- Wake up to sunrises, a view of the river, the oyster boats, and grand ave bridge (turns for larger boats to pass through). There's an osprey nest we can see from our windows, and we follow the feathered family every year as it rears it's young. There's often people fishing in the warmer weather months. Lots of dog-walkers. In addition to the park (where there are occasional concerts and mini-farmers markers), there's potential to get involved with multiple nearby community gardening sites. also amazing Latin American food. And in the autumn, there's pretty foliage to appreciate. I really enjoy feeling a little more connected to nature, but not far from down town (short commute, maybe 10 or 15 minutes).