Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Kbts87 t1_jdjj4du wrote

And yet you felt the need to have this entire exchange about whether or not it was a joke. For someone who claims not to care if I find it funny, you've gone awfully out of your way trying to convince me it's a joke.

catsmash t1_jdjk6dh wrote

actually, super weird, i think you'll find that my concern, as repeatedly stated, was not and continues not to be whether you thought anything was funny, but was, and continues to be, based entirely around the fact that you were erroneously and repeatedly characterizing OP as some kind of predatory pervert targeting young women based entirely on your pretty severe misread of said joke, which is, hey, pretty fucked up of you, actually!

Kbts87 t1_jdjp01e wrote

I've made characterizations based on OPs written article and subsequent comments, which you're choosing to explain away, claiming it's a joke. You know, two things can be true at once right? If a misogynist makes sexist jokes, but prefaces everything with "guys it's a joke" would you still not call that individual a misogynist? Don't worry, that was rhetorical. No need to answer.

You're claiming I misread the joke. No. I just don't find it funny, and for some reason that really bothers you. But supposedly it doesn't. If it doesn't bother you, then stop commenting.

−2