Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

KirkCouzins t1_iz0czjz wrote

Bad Take, who want's more traffic tickets?

catsmash t1_iz0gnjv wrote

possibly the families of the state-record-breaking 66 pedestrians & bicyclists killed by cars this year

OpelSmith t1_iz17gcx wrote

This is just the fatalities as well, the number of injured is magnitudes more

BryanCalens2ndFamily t1_iz25kzj wrote

Hmmm

−7

ShamusTheClown t1_iz2desk wrote

I hope your family never get's killed by a car, so you remain blissfully ignorant the rest of your days <3

catsmash t1_iz2oyyl wrote

nice edit, dipshit.

for those reading at home, the original thing this winner felt compelled to contribute was to tell me that the drivers were in no way at fault & to "get back in the bike lane, hippie".

kppeterc15 t1_iz29x8f wrote

Hm who's more likely to have caused a pedestrian's death, the pedestrian or the person operating the massive machine that killed them

cmndo OP t1_iz0j26g wrote

That's exactly the point. If running a light costs you $150 every time you get caught, you'd probably think of yellow lights differently. And if slamming on your breaks causes the person following too closely to hit you and they get ticked for wreckless driving, they'd think differently next time too.

hamhead t1_iz0h3pv wrote

I could go for more tickets for things like red lights and double parking and such. What I don't care about is the speeding tickets everyone is always more obsessed with. To me it's more about how someone's driving than how fast someone's driving, but this are harder tickets to issue so get ignored.

−3