Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

IAmThe0neWhoKn0ckss t1_j19e5gx wrote

You should call their customer service. I see in your other comment that you spoke with some 3rd party? But I’ve called Avelo multiple times and was able to speak to someone and get fixed whatever it was.

I think my flight credits in September came 3-5 days later, it was an automatic email to everyone on the flight. That’s just the credits though, I never fly with bags so I’d assume you have to call. Email takes a while to get a response, I sent them proof of my hotel stay when I was stuck at MCO and took exactly a week to get a response that they would refund that. They refund up to $150/night I think. They refunded it back to the credit card though I think, didn’t send me a check or anything.

They will probably be busy right now if weather is affecting any of their flights, but it’s definitely worth waiting on hold to try and get money back for your bags.

JmnyCrckt87 t1_j19en6q wrote

My wife has been on the phone with them. The other comment about a 3rd party was referring to the day of the flight - the only people present at the airport to seek answers from were 3rd party contractors. My wife was a Saint, waiting on hold for hours with customer service, getting disconnected, waiting again and then relaying the info to everyone in the terminal. I'm hoping they will take care of it. It's frustrating waiting for hours and then having to give up because I don't have 2 hours to wait on hold...between the two of us calling, I'm hoping we get reimbursed. I'm going to ask them to compensate me for my disgusting $60 terminal pizza, too, lol. If they're going to cancel my trip to New Haven and hold me captive in an airport terminal for 14 hours with crappy pizza, it should be on their dollar.

IAmThe0neWhoKn0ckss t1_j19lpvr wrote

Though email takes a while, at this point I’d email as well. It’s been almost a week, so that’s got to be frustrating.

I hear you—I had to stay in florida for those two days and I spent so much money because everything is expensive in the airport. Wish I was refunded for that and transportation costs. I emailed them Saturday with some complaints and haven’t gotten an email back, which I predicted. Hope your issues get resolved soon.

JmnyCrckt87 t1_j19o9gi wrote

Thank you, you as well! We emailed them, immediately after we got home. And, we were able to get through to customer service at the same time at 1am and they started the refund on the tickets themselves, but said we would need to call back for the luggage we paid for and to try to get reimbursement for any expenses. My wife or I have yet to reach them successfully since that night, despite a few hour+ stints waiting on hold. The man hours we are putting into having our money returned...and, the horrible waiting music.