Submitted by Jkpttr t3_1043kn4 in newhaven

Hello! i figure this subreddit might be able to help with this question.

I’m traveling to new haven (graduate hotel on chapel st) and getting in at around 1030 PM.

What restaurants would you recommend to have a filling dinner? Whether it be pizza, bar food, etc, i just want something open and known to be decent quality!

What are all of your favorite spots in the Yale area?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SweetMojaveRain t1_j3391n2 wrote

Brick oven pizza has held me down so many times i feel like they deserve a statue.

Once during my xth visit in the same week bc of nursing school and i was stress eating i go in for my slice and the boss said here you are my friend and gives me a whole medium pizza i will always stan BOP

SkateAndEnjoi t1_j33txj3 wrote

As a night shift guy Mamouns is great if you get there before 1 I believe. Est Est as well. Good nature market is 24/7 right there on broadway but could be difficult with college kids. Brick oven, alpha delta and pizza empire are all open until 3 in the same area. Brick oven is the best of the 3 imo. Codys is 24/7 if you can make it also. Buns n dumplings isn't too far either.

basstard8 t1_j33wrok wrote

Louis Lunch is open late and BAR used to do huge slices after 10pm

Ecofre-33919 t1_j34xigv wrote

Est est est is almost right across the street. Get a few slices of pizza and call it a night.

curbthemeplays t1_j354lmp wrote

I agree with Mamoun’s and House of Naan. Rudy’s and Three Sheets have good bar food in that area too not sure how late they serve. Midpoint is open until 11pm Fri/Sat, nice sit down Turkish food.

paddyboombotz t1_j3dyp1g wrote

Buns and dumplings although that lady’s been inconsistent lately as far as staying open late