Submitted by Living_Strain8687 t3_10f281j in newhaven

I'm planning to get together with 4 of my girlfriends for the day in New Haven next Saturday- we are in our mid 30s....any suggestions?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

roadpupp t1_j4uxnxi wrote

Go to the Yale Art Museum. It’s free and unbelievable then have a fancy lunch.

Dispatches547 t1_j4v0swv wrote

This is great. Harvest is right across thr street. Barracuda a cheaper option. G cafe for pre musuem coffees.

staugustinesday t1_j4v12jc wrote

My wife and I have a duo called BlueRaspberry and we are playing an album release show at Strange Ways, a queer-owned funky shop with cool gifts patches, pins, etc. We make alt-folk music (think Juno soundtrack / Kimya Dawson). It should be a fun time! If that sounds like the kinda thing y’all would be into, music is from 6:00-8:00pm. It’s just a $10 suggested donation or come for free.

Used-Examination1439 t1_j4ukx5c wrote

Depends what you like. See a movie downtown at the bow tie cinema , bar hop from there, walk to all the restaurants. Park at the crown st parking lot and hit up BAR and walk from there maybe.

EmuBoth t1_j4vg9tz wrote

the weather could dictate- if cold the skate new haven on State St is great for ice skating. if climate-crisis-warm then you could do a Taste New haven food tours but pricey.

6th__extinction t1_j4x4pdk wrote

If any of you are into plants, the Edgerton Park greenhouses are a fun little visit, some plants are for sale and it benefits are great cause.

pamperedhippo t1_j4xn1xl wrote

into thrifting and/or anything remotely witchy? come to my besties’ thrift shop witch bitch thrift at 105 whitney! :) (@witchbitchthrift on ig to get an idea of what they’re about!) they just opened on friday the 13th of course!

juniperx3 t1_j58bktn wrote

Witch bitch thrift is so cute, seconding!!

MaiaFiya t1_j4wsh76 wrote

Stella Blues has a fun band playing at 9/9:30 pm this Sat. I am in your age range and a group of us plan on going :)

chandelizards t1_j4x31qi wrote

East Rock Brewing Company is a great brewery if anyone likes beer!

Living_Strain8687 OP t1_j4yzbfx wrote

Thanks for the suggestions! I wish The Ordinary was open during the day - my friends will be visiting from out of town, and we will likely be wrapping up our visit by the time they open. We definitely love a speciality cocktail!

Stanley_Joseph t1_j58korn wrote

New restaurant called The Place 2 Be just opened by Broadway and seems like a cool place for brunch

[deleted] t1_j5g0d1w wrote

That chain is good, they are in Hartford as well.