Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

zdrfanta17 t1_j61tz4m wrote

For New Haven, the parking is pretty safe. Possibly because the police station is across the street

breneal t1_j61u23p wrote

I have left cars there many times to go to NYC before including my friend’s convertible Camaro and also never had problems!

catsmash t1_j621iaz wrote

never experienced a problem here myself; never heard of anybody i know having a problem either.

even the bike rack here is fairly secure, which, in new haven, is wild

kppeterc15 t1_j65fvq1 wrote

yeah I've left my bike overnight multiple times w/ no issue

MochaUnicorn369 t1_j6233n9 wrote

I agrée it looks sketchy but I’ve never had a problem.

m11cb t1_j6238ug wrote

The security folks are pretty active around the parking lot and they're very helpful, I'd go and speak to them if you have any lingering concerns.

FxTree-CR2 t1_j64kbrg wrote

Your car is more likely to be broken into if you park it in East Rock. I’m just saying.

mozzzking t1_j62e4hd wrote

Perfectly safe. NHV is awesome

elmcityboy t1_j642dse wrote

yeah, it's a safe parking lot, but it's extremely expensive. i would park at west haven or explore some other means of getting to the station (bus, bike, another train, uber, etc.)

Embarrassed_Wolf_586 t1_j64joh7 wrote

If you’re taking metro north just park at west haven. It’s free

FxTree-CR2 t1_j64kil7 wrote

Even if it says it’s not free, they don’t really enforce it that much. I think I got one ticket the six years I was there and riding into NYC twice a week?

boyfromthenorth t1_j642nuv wrote

I leave my car there regularly overnight and have never had issues. The parking garage/train station has security. As others have mentioned, the PD is literally across the street. You should be fine!

kn0ck_0ut t1_j65ceqt wrote

I typically park at the west haven station. always preferred as there’s less people/usage of that station compared to union station

beaveristired t1_j65y5gt wrote

It’s safe. But a little pricey.

Icy_Apartment9554 t1_j66wxw4 wrote

I use the West Haven’t station. Plenty of parking, free on weekends.