Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DerSturmbannfuror t1_j9th9od wrote

Lol, for cream pie fans but I'd say MID is probably the most accurate in more ways than 1🧐

Geddysbass t1_j9tlsfe wrote

Never thought I'd see cream pie mentioned in this sub. Lol

infamousmmax t1_j9x55a2 wrote

Middlesex county, home of:

• A community college with too much… MCC mofos
  • lightbulb city(my town)
  • donut town(town within my town)
  • a lot of brunswicks(iykyk)
  • a lot of golf courses
  • too many amazon buildings(2 in my town)

Context:

• Middlesex College aka and fka “Middlesex County College” they may have changed the name, but still referred to as MCC
  • Edison
  • Metuchen (known as “the donut hole” because Edison surrounds Metuchen, the border goes through my house
  • New, North, South, East
  • I lost count of the courses
  • there is 1 or 2 in Carteret I think, 1 in/near Monroe, there’s 2 in Edison across the street from each other. That section of rt 27 with the 2 amazons and a FedEx building I refer to as the fulfillment district. Conveniently located near Walmart/Costco, pines manor and town hall.

DerSturmbannfuror t1_j9y09wr wrote

Also, it's cute that you call Edison a town. Edison's downtown is called Metuchen (historically).

likesomecatfromjapan t1_j9y7gbx wrote

I refer to that Walmart/Costco area by the Amazons as the circle of hell. Hate driving there and hate that parking lot.

infamousmmax t1_ja1d3w2 wrote

It really is a hell, especially between 4-6pm. That’s when the shift changes happen at amazon. The higher up day managers and 90% of site leadership leave by 4 at the latest, the “human resources” day team gets out at 4, outbound days gets out at 4:30, outbound nights goes in for 5, inbound days gets out at 5:30, inbound nights goes in for 6. The other 10% of site leadership is nights. Hr is in quotations because they don’t really do anything ever.