Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

puzzlebuzz t1_j9tfrzm wrote

I wasn’t sure there was a clear winner. Sus is cool. But then I looked lower. Haha

ttgx1000 t1_j9tgni5 wrote

SUS, CAP, CUM

agisten t1_j9ths46 wrote

Missing WAR . Not sure what is it good for.

secondshevek t1_j9tk21h wrote

Absolutely nothing!

lala-land-nj t1_j9tkz1n wrote

Say it again!

TheWearySnout t1_j9thqqg wrote

I saw SUS, WAR and HUN in a row and thought they were all pretty awesome, but then I took a gander down south and saw the undisputed winner.

salad_day t1_j9tiidn wrote

From SUS to CUM, NJ has it all!

iledd3wu t1_j9ti1hz wrote

Jersey county abbreviations are the origin of all gen z slang.

Kinda sus, no cap. Super mid at best

DerSturmbannfuror t1_j9th9od wrote

Lol, for cream pie fans but I'd say MID is probably the most accurate in more ways than 1🧐

Geddysbass t1_j9tlsfe wrote

Never thought I'd see cream pie mentioned in this sub. Lol

infamousmmax t1_j9x55a2 wrote

Middlesex county, home of:

• A community college with too much… MCC mofos
  • lightbulb city(my town)
  • donut town(town within my town)
  • a lot of brunswicks(iykyk)
  • a lot of golf courses
  • too many amazon buildings(2 in my town)

Context:

• Middlesex College aka and fka “Middlesex County College” they may have changed the name, but still referred to as MCC
  • Edison
  • Metuchen (known as “the donut hole” because Edison surrounds Metuchen, the border goes through my house
  • New, North, South, East
  • I lost count of the courses
  • there is 1 or 2 in Carteret I think, 1 in/near Monroe, there’s 2 in Edison across the street from each other. That section of rt 27 with the 2 amazons and a FedEx building I refer to as the fulfillment district. Conveniently located near Walmart/Costco, pines manor and town hall.

DerSturmbannfuror t1_j9y09wr wrote

Also, it's cute that you call Edison a town. Edison's downtown is called Metuchen (historically).

likesomecatfromjapan t1_j9y7gbx wrote

I refer to that Walmart/Costco area by the Amazons as the circle of hell. Hate driving there and hate that parking lot.

infamousmmax t1_ja1d3w2 wrote

It really is a hell, especially between 4-6pm. That’s when the shift changes happen at amazon. The higher up day managers and 90% of site leadership leave by 4 at the latest, the “human resources” day team gets out at 4, outbound days gets out at 4:30, outbound nights goes in for 5, inbound days gets out at 5:30, inbound nights goes in for 6. The other 10% of site leadership is nights. Hr is in quotations because they don’t really do anything ever.

HUNIH22 t1_j9tj7r7 wrote

I moved from Iowa to New Jersey a few months ago - this is hilarious! But also it’s strange to me there are so few counties. We have 99 counties in Iowa. 😱

CockercombeTuff t1_j9tn3w3 wrote

Iowa = 55,857sqmi, NJ = 8,723 sqmi. Larger by a factor of over 6. Population density is where we go gonzo on every other state...

Given that population density, NJ counties are fairly large, but I figure that has a lot to do with factors like historical development patterns, major transportation routes, and land use (e.g., farming). I'm originally from Monmouth County and it's wild how disparate the different areas are.

By the way, any chance you've ever done RAGBRAI? A friend in New Orleans (where I used to live) told me about it; he's gone a few times. Hoping one day to give it a go.

HUNIH22 t1_j9u1ho7 wrote

RAGBRAI is awesome!! I’ve never done it but have lots of friends and family that participate. Definitely worth the trip

PolentaApology t1_j9tpx9o wrote

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_counties_in_Iowa

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_counties_in_New_Jersey

• Polk County, Iowa contains the city of Des Moines, which is also the capital and most populated city in Iowa. Polk has about the same number of people as Burlington County, and the same area as Atlantic County.

• Bergen County has less area than Iowa's smallest county, Dickinson. But its population is about double Polk County's.

• Salem is the least-populated NJ county, but it has nearly as many people as Iowa's Adams, Ringgold, Audubon, Taylor, Osceola, Wayne, Fremont, Ida, Pocahontas, Van Buren, and Worth counties, combined.

• Those eleven counties have about 5,300 square miles total. New Jersey has about 7,300 square miles of land area, statewide.

Finally, New Jersey has more counties than Iowa per square mile of area, but Iowa has more counties per capita.

state pop (approx) sq mi land area # of counties counties per million people counties per thousand sq mi
NJ 9,288,994 7,354 21 2.2 2.85
IA 3,190,369 55,857 99 31.0 1.77

HUNIH22 t1_j9u1jc1 wrote

Super interesting! Thanks for the comparison

BoomTownRat71 t1_j9tmlct wrote

For years the NYSE ticker symbol for Cummins Diesel was CUM. They changed it about ten years ago.

Comrade-Conrad-4 t1_j9u28xx wrote

I thought SUS had it in the bag. Then I looked down....

njstein t1_j9tiat7 wrote

Damn this cum stuff is leaking into New Jersey now too?

martymo1989 t1_j9tw82l wrote

no CAP, but CUM is kind of SUS

HikrisDopl t1_j9wzo3w wrote

Pretty MID in my opinion. Let’s not have a WAR over it

Mithmorthmin t1_j9ug3zm wrote

Wife got picked for jury duty in Cumberland County. She had to email them for an excusal. Email adress was CumJury@blahblah....

Gave me a good laugh.

BYNX0 t1_j9vujw3 wrote

North is Sus, Central is just mid, and south is cap.

Nilo8 t1_j9u238j wrote

There are Som Mid abbreviations in central jersey tbh

Jokebrew t1_j9ubklo wrote

Disappointed that we're MID. We could've had SEX

tucker_frump t1_j9w8a94 wrote

Jeesh. Just like always .. CAM, gettin the shaft on reddit.lol.

All my neighbors are trees, sweet well water, no traffic, totally at the briar patch end of the County.

infamousmmax t1_j9x2l1p wrote

I would say my home county. Middlesex fam turn up! But its close between BUR and SUS for 3rd, WAR is 2nd. Obviously CUM is 1st, gotta do whatcha gotta do 😉😉

ssbgoku69 t1_j9x87em wrote

As a Camden County resident, I like Cumberland County's the best.

Sacred286 t1_j9y59b3 wrote

I dont get it :(

likesomecatfromjapan t1_j9y776s wrote

I remember when I was in 4th grade we learned about NJ in social studies and my teacher had a large map of NJ hanging in her classroom. Some shithead in my class circled the word "sex" in Sussex, Middlesex, etc. lmao.

dsarma t1_j9tmtvp wrote

Wait. THAT is how far north Essex county is? Good lord I’m dumb. Thanks for sharing, OP.

Dookieshytkaka t1_j9tszm7 wrote

Is the winner clear or cloudy? ......I'll see myself out.lol

NYRangers42 t1_j9tyiub wrote

Upon further review, this is not an abbreviation, but just taking the first 3 letters of each county

Sufficient_Cow_6152 t1_j9tynsq wrote

If anyplace should be labeled CUM on a map, it should be Hawaii.

Batumi19 t1_j9u2eso wrote

Needs to be CMB or CBL, definitely.

Dorko30 t1_j9u3crc wrote

It was debateable between a few until I looked south and saw CUM. Can't be touched.

Shark_Leader t1_j9u7adp wrote

Took me a second, but now I'm laughing like a school boy at my very adult job.

Harmony-Farms t1_j9uay69 wrote

Dear New Jersey, I’m a talented graphic designer looking for employment. And you obviously need a graphic designer. Hit me up and let’s talk salary.

(Or was this intentional for the hits… gif)

aceh40 t1_j9ujmeh wrote

War is a pretty interesting one.

Sudovoodoo80 t1_j9v4q3o wrote

Finally my home county getting some love.

Meem-Thief t1_j9w55za wrote

sus, war, mid, cum, cap

Fancy_Ad_2762 t1_j9xbomd wrote

i actually laughed out loud at this

ZaddyAtty t1_j9ucsu2 wrote

A few of these aren’t correct, not according to the state courts abbreviations. CUM is most definitely correct though

BoysenberryComplex63 t1_j9u9t6j wrote

Im Live Now Come Get Lit With Me https://twitch.tv/sheedovg Path To Affiliate Grind , Appreciate The Support Stop By Drop A Comment .. Hosting A Giveaway Once I Reach 150 Followers More Info Will Be Announced Later

−1