Submitted by kanshakudama t3_115waqd in newjersey

Anyone know what’s up? 11 cop cars are more cops than I thought North Brunswick out on duty at any one time.

7:46pm UPDATE: 4-6 of the cars are outside of Raspa jewelers in Highland Park. The road up to Route 27 is closed but 27 itself is open. There were four cars outside of the jewelry store earlier this week and they had blocked off the road leading to the jewelry store earlier this week. There’s no sign of the other police cars.

8:00pm UPDATE: It was a big fight and a stabbing at the menlo park mall thanks to u/devicenull I found this article.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

devicenull t1_j93ttni wrote

200+ person fight inside the mall in Edison. Another fight at 115 Truman Dr

therewillbeblunts t1_j9458ac wrote

Damn. Me, my wife and kid left out the food court entrance and headed to jollibee right before this happened. By the time we came back north up rt. 1 there were like 20 cop cars around the food court entrance and we could see tons more converging from every direction. I deadass thought we narrowly missed being in a mass shooting cause fr what would cause the cops to behave like that. I'm relieved but at the same time fuck whatever teenagers caused that shit. It was crowded with mad regular people - families, old people, lots of babies. I've been googling and checking the news and didn't find anything til I read this.  So thanks guess I guess 🤷‍♂️✌️

New_Hawaialawan t1_j94maa0 wrote

Wow, there's Jollibee in NJ these days?

therewillbeblunts t1_j94o1ls wrote

Lol yeah there's one in Edison. They were so slammed their drive-thru was closed. We went in and they said it was a 30 minute wait and people laughed at us when we walked out without ordering. Jollibee's like a cult, swear to god.

icecoldcoke319 t1_j94p57w wrote

That’s where the Roy rogers used to be. Is Jollibees that good? I’ve never heard of it till I passed it the other day.

gordonv t1_j95qlw4 wrote

Jollibee's is specifically a Pilipino fast food chain. It does food the way that culture likes it.

To me, it's odd. But it's an experience. We can't live sheltered lives. We need to experience world culture.

New_Hawaialawan t1_j94pt9j wrote

I bounce back and forth between USA and Philippines but haven't spent much time in NJ for the past decade (although I'm from there). I am about a block away from Jollibee here in the Philippines hahah. Had no idea they made it to NJ. I knew they were in Hawaii and California

wilracet t1_j94o2xq wrote

A couple of them up north here. I was surprised they’re down there.

snootchie_bootch t1_j95uovt wrote

My biggest takeaway from this! Haven’t been to the Menlo mall since before Covid. Will need to get back up that way now

i_love_all t1_j94biis wrote

It’s soo selfish and scary. Especially for the families with elderly or kids.

Having to explain to them what’s happening.

Glad you were able to miss it

Chelseafc5505 t1_j94bgbc wrote

200+ person fight?! Wtf how's that even possible

gordonv t1_j95rmpp wrote

More like, 2 groups fighting but every dark kid arrested.

−3

outcome--independent t1_j94dnij wrote

Damn, there's gotta be footage of that all over the place. What the fuck happened? How does that even start?

ERDocdad t1_j93o6fx wrote

Bogo at dunkin'

Sorry couldn't resist.

Layzdude t1_j93qa2d wrote

Fight at Menlo Mall

TriggerTough t1_j93pniq wrote

OJ?

Mr_Matt_K t1_j94r6ci wrote

And Baba Booey to y'all!

nancymeadows242 t1_j95o6nv wrote

That was a totally farcical review. Lest anybody think that these are actual reviews. He said something in code at the end that’s indicative of the mentioning of the name of a certain radio talk show host

FunKoala12 t1_j94dv0n wrote

Wow that’s insane, I go to this mall frequently and would probably have a panic attack if I was there during this.

i_love_all t1_j94bbvl wrote

So scary. People are just out with their families and have to go home traumatized.

Probably very dramatized here but talking in general after these events.

Def not what I need to be worrying about just trying to go shopping

weaselpoopcoffee1 t1_j93py69 wrote

Time to rob a bank.

TimSPC t1_j93w30a wrote

It's Christmas. You could steal City Hall!

JerseyWiseguy t1_j93r63w wrote

Heh. That's always my biggest criticism of all of those "big heist" films. They'll have a super well-organized and well-equipped team of gunmen charge into a bank. Well, if you're actually willing to do all of that, why not just start a huge fire at a shopping mall on the other side of town? Even if it doesn't draw away every cop, it will certainly increase your odds.

drewbles t1_j93xg92 wrote

Saw the same thing on the turnpike last week

specialgravity t1_j95ftj7 wrote

This mall has really become dilapidated

Jsmith0730 t1_j944pba wrote

Someone got pulled over for failing to signal.

−3

SchleppyJ4 t1_j93s6xd wrote

An officer was just shot and killed in Philly, and the shooter fled the scene. Maybe they’re on the chase?

−11

jersey_girl660 t1_j95akga wrote

Do you realize how far north Brunswick is from philly?????????? How is that your first thought?

gordonv t1_j95s33j wrote

Meh. This post was made 12 hours ago. Before any reporting happened. It went through the "Reddit Social Bubble Sort" and appropriately was downvoted.

No need to shame. It was an early guess.

Award-Kooky t1_j941lpg wrote

No they’ve been caught in center city a bit ago