Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

New_Stats t1_j7ffaxf wrote

Reply to comment by ToastedSimian in Dear NJ men, by [deleted]

It's what makes this state great :)

−1

ToastedSimian t1_j7ffq4o wrote

Nah. The people I love in this state are the ones who say fuck it, do what you want as long as it doesn't effect me. Live your life, and stop worrying what other people decide to look like. Shallow and judgemental looks worse than any mullet. Enjoy your Monday.

New_Stats t1_j7fmjkw wrote

Dude, you lied about what NJ was like, to make yourself feel morally superior and when I pointed out how that just wasn't true you shifted to another talking point to make yourself feel morally superior.

And now you're trying to say that you like people who aren't judgy after being ridiculously judgy.

If you want to be around people who don't mock horrible fashion choices perhaps you'd feel more at home in Tennessee or something

−1

ToastedSimian t1_j7g7k4u wrote

I'm not really sure who you surround yourself with, but the people I've grown up with in NJ don't generally go on Reddit just to mock someone's style choices. I don't feel morally superior, I'm just not going to make a post that tells people what they should look like. I feel that's a shallow behavior and not representative of an entire state. But you're right. If that's the behavior you want to be part of, I shouldn't judge - you go be you

New_Stats t1_j7gpy6z wrote

really. You've never heard anyone comment a negative opinion about a trend, ever. That's unbelievable, in the "I do not believe you" sense, not the "That's impressive" sense of the term