Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

beltalowda_oye t1_j9wag2a wrote

You're welcome to go to Florida with all the retiree refugees if you idolize it so much since according to you it's such a haven for good voters with a brain of their own but making a post on reddit where 99% of NJ voters will not see this isn't doing anything so you may as well go outside right now and kick some rocks because at least you'll be affecting something in reality by doing so.

Rusty_Ferberger t1_j9wl2mt wrote

I agree that these people need to move to FL or TX or NC or whatever state fits their current tax situation. I would like to pay less in taxes but I am comfortable enough now that I am willing to let my tax dollars go to help others less fortunate. That may change at some point, in which case I'll move and not try to encourage 8 million people to change for me.

needtoredit t1_j9wc1wp wrote

I love NJ and lived here most all of my life. Had you actually read the post you would understand why, I pointed out how great this state is. I posted this in the NJ forum knowing the reaction I would get and yup, so far it's just what I expected. Most people are so stuck on what ever team they are on for EVERY ISSUE that they can't hear anything over the inane chatter of their own opinion. Perfect example, how many times have you heard someone get all crazy about what phone they have. They pay $1,000+ for some product and then defend it like they invented it. In reality they are just the consumer who paid for product and need to justify why their decision in the best.

−26

beltalowda_oye t1_j9we78k wrote

You're talking about tribalism and that's something thats in our biology with how we evolved. Is it unnecessary and detrimental to how we vote and such? Yes. But don't mistake thr fact it's political partisanship that causes this. You've stated it yourself. People play tribalism with a goddamn android and apple. With Xbox and Playstation. With coke and Pepsi.

Curious. Do you think this ends when you go to Florida for example? Texas? Even California for our more left leaning voters? It's always going to be there. Right now you're complaining because so many voters vote between party lines. How do YOU know they voted for Murphy because he's simply Democrat for example? Did you even research the other republican? I'm not going to pretend NJ is perfect. Far from it.

But apply utilitarianism. What do you hope to accomplish by posting this thread? Change our minds? To see if there are valid counterarguments? To just vent about your frustrations?