Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Dorko30 t1_j9pnbb6 wrote

Serious PSA for everyone. Im not sure if this species can spread Lyme disease but if you find a tick attached to you go to the doctor. Lyme is easy to treat early but if you don't recognize the symptoms and/or let it go, you could end up like me with crippling joint pain and a myriad of other horrible symptoms that still fuck me to this day. You do not want it believe me.

Cerebralbore t1_j9pv93y wrote

I believe you. I dated a girl who had Lyme and she felt miserable and dizzy like all the time.

suspiciousd1rt t1_j9q4n28 wrote

Also dont forget the lone star tick whose bite carries the chance for a a permanent meat allergy

Saint_Buttcheeks t1_j9qvtzx wrote

> permanent meat allergy

This scares me more than lime.

notie547 t1_j9sa8mi wrote

my son was bit by a lonestar tick last summer (we had it tested) in monmouth county. The meat allergy is not permanent but can last for several years. Thankfully he was ok.

Saint_Buttcheeks t1_j9t5ixk wrote

I’m glad he was okay. What was the meat allergy like? Did he get sick from it? Rash? Anything like that?

Chaiteoir t1_j9q4v4o wrote

> and/or let it go,

My doctors treated me for mono for six weeks before they realized it was actually Lyme disease. Oops. In their defense it was the early 90s

ctannr t1_j9svyfw wrote

shit fucked me up hardcore back in the day. only like 1/3 of people get the bullseye rash, and ticks usually bite where you can't notice them.

also the standard generic "western blot" test that most dr's give is trash....i tested negative like 3x. u gotta get ur serum sent out to special labs and see what bands you have on the spectrum