Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MrCance t1_j8sx9ff wrote

I’ve noticed this happening a lot too. People don’t realize how quickly lights change.

Can’t help themselves.

SyndicalistCPA t1_j8tbccj wrote

Social media has shredded peoples minds so much that they can't wait at a red light without needing to distract themselves.

No_Variation_6639 OP t1_j8sxslq wrote

Protip: leave a car length gap in front of you so you can drive around them.

lady_lowercase t1_j8tz265 wrote

the funny thing is how you can always spot drivers on their cellphones. they're the ones going 5-miles-per-hour slower than the traffic in front of them while leaving a wide berth for their inattentiveness, and it's always some kid-looking dude who still dresses like he's trying to impress his friends from high school.

SmokePenisEveryday t1_j8ul0yo wrote

idk I've been seeing a lot of older people who should know better doing it as well.

Couple years ago at my old job, I was talking to a coworker about how we don't touch our phones while driving. He was worrying about his daughter doing it when a old lady piped up and said "We all do it, don't kid yourselves".

ohbigboy t1_j8uha60 wrote

Just followed an idiot with this exact description down route 9

qazxcvbnmlpoiuytreww t1_j8vbuxy wrote

its funny, all the offenders i see are on the older side. which surprised me because i expected younger people to do it more, but the number of times ill see some soccer mom or middle aged guy watching a show or straight looking down into their lap is disconcerting

daedalus_was_right t1_j8ummiv wrote

Someone else doing something wrong is not an excuse for you to endanger other drivers. Honk your horn, flip them off, tell them they should have been a blowjob, but don't drive like a shitstain just because someone else is driving like a shitstain

Wishilikedhugs t1_j8vp1zn wrote

For the love of God, don't do this. People leave too big of a gap as it is and it ends up blocking access to turn lanes when you're further back. Super annoying if you manage to get past it and see people leaving spaces between cars that you could safely parallel park in.