Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bubblegumdavid t1_je7xedn wrote

Hey!

Welcome to the area, we’re not far from you! It takes some doing, but going to bars and just talking until people stick works. Being a little flexible on age range to strike up a convo with too is a good idea. My husband and I met a bunch of our friends that way, we’re 26/27 and our friends are a few years younger and we met them at a bar nearby. Husband didn’t know a soul when we moved here and now he’s got golf bros lol

I get it though, most of my girl friends live elsewhere too, and it sucks trying to branch out when in the suburbs because it feels like most people have found their niche or aren’t interested in befriending new people

Rytelwife OP t1_je81kv8 wrote

Totally. I feel like I’m knocking on established groups like “let me in please!” And they’re like yuck, begone! Lol

bubblegumdavid t1_je83i5u wrote

I’ve heard coed sports stuff is also really great! And gym classes too!

One of our friends met his girlfriend that way, and another has met a ton of friends through it.

I saw you said you’re going to be in nursing? Fortunately nursing around here is often tight knit, which is great. Highly recommend Newark Beth when you’re looking for roles, I know a few people in nursing there and they’re super sweet (not that sometimes stereotype of mean girls).

Rytelwife OP t1_je83v94 wrote

And the mean girls thing in nursing is SO real so thank you for that recommendation

Rytelwife OP t1_je83se8 wrote

Thank you! Yes with any luck I’ll be a registered nursing assistant by august and then continuing with school to be a registered nurse by 2026🤞🤓