Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Sn_Orpheus t1_jcyk2h8 wrote

Some possibilities: We have been sitting for so long while driving, we take this opportunity to stretch our legs. OR... We moved to NJ after living outside of state and it's almost muscle memory that we get out of the car when getting gas. I will agree though if it's raining, I'm pretty good staying in.

LampardFanAlways t1_jcyoeou wrote

If I’ve been driving for two hours (give or take a few minutes) and this is at a gas station at a service area on the interstate, I’m one of those β€œstep out and stretch” guys.

6Emptybottles t1_jcyl6ig wrote

My car has a problem with the nozzle kicking off for some unexplained reason. Most times I ask if I can finish the fueling and the attendants don't mind.

Rusty_Ferberger t1_jczgu3s wrote

I had a truck that did this. Every attendant thought they had the trick to make it work. Turn the nozzle upside down. Click the trigger a few times. Pump it slow. Stick a pen in between the nozzle and the cap. The only thing that worked was me standing there and restarting it when it stopped.

jerseyshorenancy t1_jcywb1c wrote

I've seen people get out of their car to put their PIN number in for their debit card and just remain standing outside the car, maybe to stretch.

PirateForward8827 t1_jcz75h2 wrote

Some folks like to watch that the attendant doesn't spill any gas on the car, and some folks like to see that they are being properly charged (you can't always see the numbers from inside the car).

talk_birdy_2_me t1_jd0bxsc wrote

Lots of reasons...stretch, to make sure it fills all the way without stopping, to take it out when done if the attendant is slow

mac_a_bee t1_jcz5i09 wrote

If you're the only car, to be humane. If others, then to finish and get receipt.

Chaiteoir t1_jcz3zxt wrote

It's a pain in the ass to go sit down knowing you're going to have to stand up again two minutes later.

−1

WhereRTHEMODS t1_jcyj15l wrote

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

−2