Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Nice_Improvement2536 t1_je6k0qo wrote

Is he being harshly punished by being forced to go on fully paid leave while the investigation is happening?

[deleted] t1_je7h83i wrote

[deleted]

−2

Motivator9931 t1_je7lk3q wrote

You clearly misread or misunderstood their comment. Try reading it again. It's obvious they're pointing out that regardless of how egregiously a cop behaves, they're often "punished" with paid leave.

BunzoBear t1_je9aq39 wrote

Know if you read his question he's asking if they were punished before the investigation is finished which makes zero sense. That's people just upset that a cop is being paid before he's found guilty. That's just stupid people being upset about something they don't understand. You cannot punish someone before you're done finding out if they actually are guilty that's why cops are still paid during an investigation because they have not been found guilty yet.

−6

BunzoBear t1_je9am6s wrote

Do you realize what you just said? Is he being punished while the investigation is happening? How does that make sense to you how can you punish someone while you're trying to figure out if the facts are actually facts? Police are put on paid leave during an investigation because during the investigation a person is completely innocent until they are found guilty at the end of the investigation. So it is 100% proper for him to be paid during an investigation now once they find that he is at fault at the conclusion of the investigation then he can be punished.

−8

Jsnooots t1_je9d6u1 wrote

I just read an article today about a cop that was busted by internal affairs in a conspiracy to sell drugs in 2015. He went on to film a rape he committed and showed to a bunch of people in 2017.

He is still under investigation today and getting his full salary (over 100k) in 2023.

His own cops busted him and then he promoted his own rape video and he is still getting paid/investigated.

How do you justify this one?

whatsasimba t1_jea5bxn wrote

I'm pretty sure the subtext of the comment was, "I'm sure he's crying his eyes out getting paid to not work while his buddies decide his fate." Not sure why you wrote an essay.