Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

daedalus_was_right t1_iu505qu wrote

Teachers do not make 150k at the end of their careers. This is bullshit, and you should be ashamed of yourself considering this is literally publicly published information you can easily Google.

We do not work for 9 months. We do 12 months worth of work in 10 months, then continue doing trainings, lesson planning, and other prep work for 2 months over the summer.

You wouldn't last a week in this profession. Close your mouth, honey, you look like a trout.

theusernameicreated t1_iu57g6v wrote

Every single kid in the state of NJ has been through the school system. Who are you trying to convince?

We have the best educational system numbers in the state of NJ because of students who go for private tutoring for Algebra 2, reading comprehension, and writing who are single handily padding the numbers up.

Here's my memory of the school system. Running out of paper for exams every year like clockwork. Deducting an entire letter grade if every single student doesn't bring in 5 sheets of paper. The most boring powerpoints forcing students to get $110/hr private tutoring to keep up with AP exams.

I would never, ever vote for higher taxes to support lazy, incompetent, toxic teachers who work 9 months a year; force students to teach themselves, and put an undue burden on parents who have to hire private tutors who abandoned the toxic school working environment long ago to concentrate on their passion for teaching.

−13

Basedrum777 t1_iu5eci6 wrote

If you're actually willing to listen I'd love to explain how many things in this comment are wrong. I have a feeling you don't actually care and will continue to be wrong to make sure you can continue to hate your previous teachers.

I'm an accountant with a wife teacher so my numbers aren't wrong.

daedalus_was_right t1_iu588ks wrote

Lmao, thank you for demonstrating you don't have a single clue what goes on in this profession.

I'm done here. Can't have a conversation with someone this dense.

potatochipsfox t1_iu5y3yr wrote

> Here's my memory

Who gives a shit what your memory is? You're one person in one part of a whole fucking state pretending like they can speak for everyone else. No wonder you had a bad time in school, you don't know how to shut up and listen, and you don't know how a damn thing works because of it.