Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Vegoia2 t1_iu5hdnh wrote

Eagle Rock and around there.

Not_Quite_B t1_iu5lxjw wrote

Monksville reservoir dam in Ringwood maybe? It’s a paved walkable path and a parking lot with a great view on both sides and the cars side (the side with the fall) is pretty high. Not expansive but should work. The one at the bottom of stonetown road.

onebirdtwobird t1_iu5ox32 wrote

There are a few lookouts in Palisades Park that are beautiful and definitely give you the feeling of being very high up! There’s the Alpine Lookout which is right next to a parking lot and has benches available too. That might not sound pretty but the view is amazing. There are also trails going in both directions from the lookout if you’re interested. A bit further up there is the State Line Lookout which also has a road leading to it and a parking lot. You can walk along the paved section near there as well and it’s gorgeous. The women’s federation monument also has a great view, but requires a bit more walk to get to (less than 1 mile for sure) and I would strongly advise not going past it. Both trails after the monument are very tough with lots of stairs. Check a map of the park because there might be a few I missed!

Johnsonburnerr OP t1_iu5pmvt wrote

Thank you so much!! Very helpful that you pointed out those monuments and lookouts with the context. Super appreciate it :)

Vitalremained t1_iu72pkj wrote

I did tbis last weekend. If you're doing that, I recommend taking the drive on Henry Hudson side first to go to fort lee fas your starting point and then make your way to the observstion decks. You can get some good views if the GW by car.

Fort Lee Historic Park, Palisades Interstate Park Commission is what you can look up on Google maps.

Lohikaarme27 t1_iu5r4rl wrote

High point can be driven to I think?

teelee90 t1_iu67q1j wrote

Yes High Point is accessible by car! Lovely view of NY NJ and PA!!

kittykat5607 t1_iu5rd7y wrote

Not a lookout point but waterloo village in Stanhope is lovely year round and one of my go to walking places as a disabled individual (however not a wheelchair user, although I think most of the park is accessible) it’s mostly flat and paved with plenty of places to stop and sit.

MerWinterCakeGiants t1_iu5soox wrote

Go to ringwood New Jersey then find the Monksville bridge/dam. It’s about a quart mile long dam that looks over a reservoir on one side with mountains and lakes and the other Side is the dams tub with some nice mountains. It’s really beautiful and very accessible.

owlnest t1_iu685s4 wrote

Sunrise mountain road in Stokes State Forest. Though it’s past peak there so you’ll want to be lower elevation and more south.

HotApricot3867 t1_iu6cegn wrote

Catch Old Mine Road off route 80 - last exit in NJ going North - the whole ride along the Delaware River is awesome. Beware of the road potholes…unfortunately, the road is not maintained. Along the way you can stop off at Crater Lake. Great views!

solarsound t1_iu6i79y wrote

High point monument for sure

A_Downboat_Is_A_Sub t1_iu5w5wa wrote

You can drive out to the Delaware Water Gap and find some nice spots out there on both sides of the river. There is a scenic overlook that is elevated on Route 78 if you take it out to Route 206 on the way that requires no walking and has very nice views.

Otisnj3 t1_iu6ll8w wrote

Perkins Memorial Dr near Bear Mountain. You can drive to the top and they also have a scenic dr.

Abalone_Gonads t1_iu6mopk wrote

Quite frankly, the trees in Brookdale Park in Montclair are fabulous this week. Such a beautiful and historic park. Architect was the same as Central Park.

Nexis4Jersey t1_iu7zm4u wrote

If traveling into the city isn't an issue you can take the metro north hudson line up to beacon,ny from grand central. Sit on the left side for views of the harlem and Hudson river. At beacon there is a free shuttle bus that will take you into downtown and at the eastern end of the downtown is small waterfall.