Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

b4ngl4d3sh t1_itv3zkw wrote

Be careful bushwhacking. Ticks love high brush like that.

jawnlerdoe t1_itwzhkg wrote

Ticks are no match for the wild Jerseyan.

b4ngl4d3sh t1_itx0jfb wrote

Lol, they were one hell of a match for me back in 2010! Lyme so bad google told me I had HIV!

WhileInternational41 t1_itv2d9s wrote

Man, the immediate negative comments are so bizarre. Great photo. Thanks for sharing. A lot of miserable people outwardly projecting their misery on Reddit, sadly.

banders5144 t1_itv051a wrote

Where was this taken?

mcveddit t1_itwsefd wrote

Not sure if there are power lines at sourland mountain trails in Hillsborough, but this looks like the area where an oil pipeline runs between 2 sections of trails.

drkensaccount t1_itv43mn wrote

I hope it's not too forgotten. Somebody's has to cut those trees back once in a while.

b4ngl4d3sh t1_itv7eyr wrote

Lol, i like to think this is very dry humor and i salute you for it.

Gabrielasse t1_itv5y6i wrote

I remember when i used to back to the "powerlines" in the Caldwell area (though this does not look like them). It wasn't to check the foliage.

b4ngl4d3sh t1_itwl70q wrote

Lol, we used train tracks for that. As a semi adult these days, i find these power cuts best used for birding and wildlife photography.

[deleted] t1_itx22ye wrote

The ticks were horrible this past year in south Jersey

ofthedappersort OP t1_itx737a wrote

Tell them to fuck off

[deleted] t1_itx8353 wrote

I wish, I'm right by the pine barrens and when I walked the dog I would have to brush all the ticks off of him and myself

b4ngl4d3sh t1_itxnrio wrote

Not so bad in the North. Drought is the antithesis to bad tick years.

[deleted] t1_itxromi wrote

It was dry down here too, hardly any rain and hot hot hot

b4ngl4d3sh t1_itxt6t4 wrote

They dropped off hard after may in Sussex county. I did pick up a bunch of lone stars in Atlanic county this summer though.

[deleted] t1_itxu4qm wrote

Those are the ones I'm concerned about. In ocean county I've only seen brown ones.

b4ngl4d3sh t1_itxwzy9 wrote

I was picking up the Lonestars at Forsythe. Not sure if i picked up any in Cape May, probably dog ticks. But Forsythe was lousy with lonestars. No me gusta!

getyouryayasoutahere t1_itz29ta wrote

Lone stars can cause alpha-gal meat allergy. My niece in south Jersey was bit and was diagnosed. Thankfully, it lasted about six months, not the two years it could have lasted. It’s not an immediate allergic reaction as with other foods but you start feeling sick anywhere from three hours on. It was unpleasant.

corporat t1_itv4ma8 wrote

This looks exactly like a spot by Reeves Brook Trail in Sloatsburg, NY (but I think the power lines were removed last year)

[deleted] t1_ituzbj9 wrote

[deleted]

ofthedappersort OP t1_itv0iz3 wrote

Well maybe forgotten wasn't the right word but I got there via an overgrown hiking trail and I figure a lot of people (even the ones that live nearby) have never been there before

Creamatine t1_itv69w1 wrote

…is the in flemington by the raritan river?

RightDwight t1_iucqu78 wrote

I live near there and thought the same thing, looks like my evening walk around the loop for the past several weeks lol

saltshaker80 t1_itvo5ww wrote

Guessing north Jersey maybe? Cape May county leaves haven’t turned that much yet.

SeanThatGuy t1_itwgrhc wrote

I got a new job recently and I’ve been spending a lot more time on these right-of-ways. I’ve been to so many places in this state I’ve never heard of and get to see views like this everyday. Sure beats my old office job.

Answer_Atac t1_itxsl7h wrote

same here. ditched my office job when rona hit and been on the road a lot instead of wasting away on the 20th floor at grand Central. 2020 was a pivotal year for me. I work alongside guys and gals who do ESAs and such.

ItchyK t1_itxjoqz wrote

I can hear the ticks in this image

ofthedappersort OP t1_itxkjnz wrote

On got in my belly button

ItchyK t1_itxlef4 wrote

I went to hike up in the meadowlands once around this time of year. I was cognizant of the fact that there were a ton of ticks everywhere, so I was being very careful. But I had to make a jump over a mud puddle and brushed against the dried bush for 2 seconds. Literally got like 80 ticks on me, all crawling up my pant legs.

I was literally just running around in the meadowlands, trying to swat ticks off of me and they kept jumping back up towards me.

I got them all off, but I wasn't sure about my back. So I took my camera out and I was trying to take a picture to see if there's any still there, and the rush hour light-rail train comes by. Probably hundreds of people saw me running around in the meadowlands like a madman taking selfies of my ass.

It's pretty funny in retrospect. But I'll never go into the meadowlands again without full body armor.

DoritosFeetSmell t1_itzcxrd wrote

And as a transplant I love exploring them! Thank you for sharing this gorgeous pic!!!

doglywolf t1_itzsgf7 wrote

you should do weird NJ trips !

ofthedappersort OP t1_itzxk0n wrote

I've thought about it but there's not that many in my area

doglywolf t1_itzyxcl wrote

Jersey isnt a big state - grab and friend or two and go for a ride . It not big but super scenic outside of Bergen / hudson county

enokeenu t1_iu18vqa wrote

What weird nj trip can you go on without trespassing ?

doglywolf t1_iu1bq3j wrote

trespassing is half the fun! But if you really want to stay above board .....off the top of my head Clinton road , devils tree , Gravity road ( also know as Abbys road IIRC). Feltville Historic District ( Abandon town in watchung )

enokeenu t1_iu1fnu5 wrote

I've been on Clinton Road many times. Nothing weird there. We even got a permit to hike in the woods around there. Will check out Feltville ...