Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

FortLeeLibrary t1_it7kmax wrote

Hi, we host weekly tech drop-in labs on most Thursdays at 4pm. I'm imagining Newark Public Library hosts something similar.

bros402 t1_it7lkd9 wrote

Check the library near them?

lotusvagabond t1_it7qzb0 wrote

THIS! Libraries and senior centers generally offer free classes

njdba t1_it7hy7t wrote

Is there a senior center in the area? Or maybe even a computer club. They may be able to at least point you in the right direction.

awesomestwinner t1_it85tse wrote

If it’s an iPhone I think the Apple store offers classes for this type of thing

5uck3rpunch t1_it7g4vt wrote

Geek Squad from your nearest Best Buy maybe?

kendrickshalamar t1_it7reii wrote

Eh... I feel like Geek Squad targets older people to take advantage of. I'd definitely ask the library first.

ansky201 t1_it7o5fj wrote

That's what I was going to suggest. I have elderly relatives that used Geek Squad to set up their new computer and they were very happy with the service. I have no idea how much it costs though.

SnooCookies1273 t1_ita1dff wrote

Send them to their cell phone carriers store or if it’s an iPhone they can go to the Apple store. They should also be able to call customer service for their computer brand also.

Ckc1972 t1_ita63s2 wrote

I think on the Nextdoor app you can find people near someone's neighborhood who are looking to help people in various ways

HeadCatMomCat t1_it83xuj wrote

Another option is Thumbtack app. You'll have to pay, unlike some other options above, but keep it on your list.

enz0matic t1_it7xpxq wrote

Check the local high school, often they have volunteer students for those purposes.

therealdieseld t1_it8bbiy wrote

Craigslist “looking for” might be your best bet. You might be able to find someone willing to volunteer help. I would love to but unfortunately I don’t speak Spanish.

lost_in_life_34 t1_it7u0ln wrote

unless these people use this stuff on a regular basis its a lost cause

​

my mom is like 72 and has been streaming only for years along with online shopping, etc. in-laws you show them stuff and they blow you off and throw out the written passwords and then wonder why nothing works and the world passes them by

​

I've been using free email for almost 25 years now, it's not like this stuff is new tech anymore

−1