Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

spam99 t1_iy7lfbm wrote

they are step by step destroying the aesthetic of Montclair, from the new apartment buildings up bloomfield ave to the modern (cheap) monstrosities they are going to put up

−8

pkpy1005 t1_iy7ujx7 wrote

The thing that I am absolutely sick about NIMBYs in Montclair is the lack of an alternative...

So what should be done with this derelict property? It's not being used...there are few businesses there...4th Ward of Montclair, where I live in and has the lowest average income in town has been recognized by various authorities as a food desert with no grocery store.

So pray tell, all these rich white people living on the other side of town who think they know best...is the only solution is to do nothing? Because as far as I'm concerned, "historical preservation" was used as pretext for keeping out undesirables.

Yet these people look at you in the eye with their BLM signs in front of their $800k house, but won't hesitate to call the cops at the first moment of trouble.

So much fake liberalism in Montclair-a-lago....

Nexis4Jersey t1_iy88e03 wrote

Montclair NIMBYs are a whole different level of nuts...the state spends hundreds of millions giving the town direct service to NYC only to have most of the town up in arms over train noise thus canning weekend service...

WredditSmark t1_iy9lpoq wrote

u/spam99 where you at? Got lost on the wrong side of Bloomfield Ave or what? Or are you (per comment history) still seeing penis’s where there aren’t penis’s?

spam99 t1_iy9nwtb wrote

bro you don't see the dicks?

TheRacoonist t1_iy7vmpq wrote

That huge, unused, decaying building really adds to the history and asthetic of the neighborhood

Nexis4Jersey t1_iy88owo wrote

The town can set design rules for the newer developments so that it fits in with the older aesthetics of the neighborhood...very few towns and cities do this for some reason..