Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Fryceratops t1_ixyqt3l wrote

I feel less secure knowing having more heavily armed police is a logical response in our current situation.

jEsTsBaCk t1_ixyrife wrote

And having them there makes you uncomfortable?

−17

Fryceratops t1_ixyrl9g wrote

Knowing that it is necessary makes it uncomfortable.

jEsTsBaCk t1_ixzbcxs wrote

What does that have to do with them? Lol so you would rather not have them, still knowing we need them? I don’t get your rationale..

−11

Fryceratops t1_ixzbyso wrote

Having armed people around is inherently less safe. I get why it is needed but I wish it was not.

jEsTsBaCk t1_ixzd62s wrote

That’s a relative feeling. I don’t feel the same.

−6

Fryceratops t1_ixze3qg wrote

Part of that is an objectively factual statement as having armed people around is inherently less safe than having no armed people at all.

jEsTsBaCk t1_ixzhfda wrote

I don’t see facts, i just see opinions.

Fryceratops t1_ixzjh7a wrote

Do you not understand how having no one with weapons around is safer than having some people with weapons around? Are you thinking "What would happen if someone showed up with a gun?" because if it isn't clear that would change the situation from no one having weapons to some having weapons.

Thus the claim that no one having weapons is inherently safer than some people having weapons is a logically valid statement that is also objectively true.

jEsTsBaCk t1_ixzjrup wrote

We are right back in the beginning. You have no facts to back up your opinion.

Fryceratops t1_ixzkvrv wrote

Ok explain how having armed people around is safer than not having anyone be armed. Keep in mind if you are talking about the people needing to respond to other armed people you have completely changed the circumstances.

jEsTsBaCk t1_ixzsu1q wrote

I’m not the one saying it’s factual. I’m the one saying it’s relative. It’s over. Stop clown

Fryceratops t1_ixzy2pu wrote

But it is. It's like you can't drown if there is no water around. No arms means everyone is safer.

As you are the one making an illogical argument maybe we can avoid being uncivil.

xAdzyy t1_ixzqvxa wrote

Bro everyone is born with arms

−1

outcome--independent t1_ixyz1r8 wrote

Yes.

jEsTsBaCk t1_ixzbri5 wrote

Then by all means.. stay home.

−3

DelayedContours OP t1_ixzm6yo wrote

He's pretty much saying it's a sign you are in a potentially unsafe area. In Europe they don't have people with machine guns guarding groceries and t-shirts lol. Honestly reminds me of when I was in Nigeria.