Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Practical_Argument50 t1_iyb163b wrote

We got rid of our Grand Cherokee when it started having electrical issues. Fixing it could end up costing $$$$$$.

I just had an issue with my car where a mouse chewed wires. It ended up costing $3,000 luckily it was covered by insurance.

wbradford00 OP t1_iyb1k03 wrote

Yeah, this is starting to scare me a little bit. I think at worst case my PCM is bad, but I just need someone to narrow it down. I want to get a new car, but also want to wait a little while for prices to keep falling.

alphaomega45 t1_iyblcfr wrote

What is the model and year of the jeep? What is the electrical problem it is presenting?

wbradford00 OP t1_iyco7br wrote

2004 grand Cherokee shop can't figure out p0031 code (o2 sensor has been replaced)

alphaomega45 t1_iyd8two wrote

If you already change the o2 sensor in question I would check the related fuse at that point. If the fuse checks good I would test the voltage coming out of the plug for the o2 sensor with a multimeter. Could be possible there is a bad ground in the line.

wbradford00 OP t1_iydbvmo wrote

Fuse is good, albeit it is a 20a when it calls for a 10. I checked for continuity at the sensor harness, it checked out but I have yet to try voltage as I thought the o2 needed to be plugged in for the pcm to send the voltage through the wires.

hayabusa160 t1_iye0wk6 wrote

most shops will not touch it or give you a fuck you price but good luck lol. the dealership might be the best or a shop that services jeeps. you will get bent over on labor if you go to the dealer just fyi.

onlyme1984 t1_iyc0itb wrote

Had a jeep years ago and she was a reliable beast that I planned on spending many more years with. It was the fucking electrical problems that led to our untimely separation lol. Nobody wanted to work on it once they heard it was not just any electrical but a Jeeps issue

wbradford00 OP t1_iycrwfg wrote

I'm still holding out hope that it's something simple based on the symptoms . Sorry you had to let go of your Jeep :(

hopopo t1_iycq87w wrote

If you are willing to take the car to North Jersey go to Peter's Service Center in Clifton. Person you want to talk to is Mike. Get there early. There are no appointments, and they are extremely busy for a reason.

No nonsense mechanic that knows what he is doing.

BF_2 t1_iyd44qd wrote

Might want to investigate cleaning the oxygen sensor. There are YouTube videos. Cheap and easy (if you're careful) and worked for my car and a car of a friend.

wbradford00 OP t1_iyd48du wrote

Thanks for the tip. I have already replaced the old one and it changed nothing.