Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sutisuc t1_ixx3fqd wrote

What makes you think it’s the greatest city in the world?

hfhifi t1_ixx4uxe wrote

I’m not going to get into this with you. It’s a stupid question. Most of the world feels it is.

If not NYC, then what do you think is? London? Paris? Shanghai? Tokyo? Those are good answers too.

sutisuc t1_ixx5f49 wrote

Yeah I’d say paris personally. I like to ask people because I feel like people just default to that claim so I’m always curious what makes people think that.

hfhifi t1_ixx7pgc wrote

OK. Paris is better than NYC in cuisine , culture and history. Hands down. Unfortunately, it is populated by Parisians who are the rudest people I’ve ever experienced in the world with the exception of Muscovites.

NYC has the 2nd best food and a much broader range of ethnic food. New York has far greater diversity. The people are way nicer than the French. You can get by in NYC if you don’t speak English whereas you can’t get the time of day in Paris if you don’t speak French. I speak high school French yet they pretend they can’t understand me.

sutisuc t1_ixxf6ln wrote

That was a great breakdown, thanks for sharing.

hfhifi t1_ixxyxpu wrote

Forgot to mention that French wait staff in NY somehow understand my French perfectly. New York is welcoming: Paris isn’t.