Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

itsaboutpasta t1_j2b3boj wrote

The last thing you want to do is take benefits you no longer qualify for due to your increase in income. You could be liable to reimburse the state for that, amongst other things. You should be proactive and reach out when you start your job. You may not qualify anymore but you could possibly qualify for a subsidy to buy insurance on the marketplace, and the loss of Medicaid could be a qualifying event to do so outside of open enrollment.

Tasty_Flatworm_369 t1_j2dezrg wrote

There currently is still a COVID moratorium in effect from the state prohibiting NJ Familycare from disqualifying anyone based on income change mid-coverage. As of now, the only time they will reassess your status is when they send you a renewal letter next year. You can call them to report your change of income now and they will you tell it does not change your enrollment. My understanding is, once you are enrolled in NJ Familycare you cannot be enrolled in another so you should be set until renewal time.

Source: Spoke with two NJ Familycare agents at length recently.

Edit: for clarity

brandnewfashion t1_j2cc0tw wrote

Unless you work a ton of OT, i believe you should still be eligible even with your income change

BS_220 t1_j2ce3lk wrote

Keep the nj family care. When its time to update your paperwork with the state put ur new income in & they may just charge you a monthly fee (which usually isnt much). I think i paid like $70 for family of 5. The amount some employers charge for benefits it’s atrocious. Like half of ur check smh

catscatscatsohmy OP t1_j2aoqwr wrote

Will I need to immidiately call nj familycare to cancel it?? Will they allow me to keep nj family care or will they terminate it and force me to use my jobs insurance? Tia

MasterXanthan t1_j2ca076 wrote

On the NJ FamilyCare letters I receive, it says you need to notify them as soon as your income changes.

17657Fuck t1_j2b2b5u wrote

Nah you don't have to I've had NJ horizon medicaid or Medicare I forget which one I'm 30y.o but look you don't have to loose the awesome free health insurance just because you got a job. ✌️

−5

Finn1066 t1_j2chm2y wrote

Work full time and stop mooching from the rest of us.

−17

catscatscatsohmy OP t1_j2de0te wrote

Bro chill. Im a 33yr old f I was a vet tech full time working 17 hour shifts in an er got bit in face, need surgery to repair my nose wirh rib cartilage, , then the day before Thanksgiving someone ran thru a stop sign t boned and totaled my 5 month old EV and now I might need spine surgery.