Submitted by randomgreentree t3_zeuzy4 in newjersey

Hello everyone! I'm gonna keep this as short as possible cause I just need some advice from people that are familiar with the area.

I recently received a job offer and will be moving to NJ sometime next year. The job is in Neptune and want to live in an area that has more to do for the younger crowd and more things to do! I don't mind commuting! Thoughts? Advice? This is my first big move so anything is appreciated!

edited to add budget: I’m just starting out so i’m hoping to spend max around $2500 on housing. If im being naive please burst my bubble now lol

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Yzelski t1_iz980vb wrote

You're less than a mile from Asbury Park. Commuters dream.

kzapwn t1_iz8n49r wrote

Asbury or red bank

mcgeggy t1_iz9c2ok wrote

Most of Neptune and Asbury Park have a very urban feel (and somewhat blighted). But the eastern side of Asbury Park is pretty happening, lots of bars/restaurants, plus the boardwalk- it’s a got that trendy/lively vibe. If you live in the immediate area, you have other summer beach towns very close, like Belmar, etc. But finding a nice area to live close by might be expensive, especially in many of the surrounding towns just north of Neptune, and east of Rt. 35…

RivChk t1_iz9dyvg wrote

Asbury Park is the hip place to be…..however if you can’t find housing there you could try Ocean Grove (quieter, very pretty) which is right next to AP. You can very easily walk to all the clubs and bars in AP and then walk home.

inf4mation t1_iz9pi0h wrote

Asbury Park is a nice area, beach is also a huge plus (mostly in nj)

KeyBox6804 t1_izc4b0u wrote

Finding a year round rental is EXTREMELY difficult so make sure you are looking. Both Asbury Park & Neptune have good & not great areas so do thorough research. There are lots of seasonal & vacations rentals that can get mixed in so make sure you are looking at annual rentals. I think your budget is so-able depending on how many bedrooms you need & if you have pets (harder with pets since it limits your options.