Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

imMakingA-UnityGame t1_j1qkis0 wrote

Welcome to adulthood, where your only two certainties are death and taxes.

Income Tax is a bitch. Wait until you see the taxes you get hit with for owning a house here.

I personally find it worth paying these extras to be near my family/other benefits of NJ life, but I will say if this is a big issue for you there are multiple states that dont have income tax (federal income tax will still apply but its not as bad)

anonymous_plus_ultra OP t1_j1qm6em wrote

worst part is i know ppl who dont make as much as what im offered :,( based on my old min wage job

imMakingA-UnityGame t1_j1qw78c wrote

Oh for sure. Count yourself lucky, its a salary to be proud of. You can not only survive on it but if you learn to budget well you can thrive on it.

I will also say have you tried asking for more? Its extremely common in the negotiating process.

For example my last job I took offered me 80, I said in, professional terms, I feel based on industry standards, cost of living Rises, and comparing to average salary in my field in my area, etc, that 85 would be a more fair compensation. I started the job at 85.

Might work, might not, but I’ve never heard of an offer being taken away because someone asked for more than the initial offer. Worst case is they just hold their ground and your salary is what they offered.