Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Oilo t1_j6kl1t7 wrote

If you’re in old bridge with a 2 year old, have you tried the library yet? They have a great children’s section with toys and story times and such. Lots of parents take their kids there so you can chat them up. There’s also an ice skating rink right next to the library.

There’s a YMCA right next to Manino Park (? I think that’s the name?) that is on 516, right down the street from the Rita’s and Carvel. Manino Park/the park by YMCA has a nice playground and a couple baseball fields, I believe. There’s Cheesequake park for hikes which also has a little pond with a tiny beach. The park is really nice and depending on your location in old bridge, a 10-20 min drive. Cheesequake farms used to have hayrides with corn cannons and zombie paintball in the fall, but I think they closed last year.

In terms of nightlife, no, there’s not much going on. There are lots of decent restaurants (two Thai places if you like Thai) but I’m a boring adult with little kids so I don’t care for nightlife. There’s a Harvest(?) restaurant that does special dinners and cooking lessons I believe on 516 also.

Anyway, good luck! We used to live in OB and liked it a lot! We could walk to the Rita’s/Dunkin/grocery store/pizza on 516 and it was a 7 minute drive to Costco. Still miss it lol