Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SuperAlloy t1_j61h4gb wrote

Somerville circle

Pumpk1n_Esc0bar_0915 t1_j641rw7 wrote

It is the single point at which the dichotomy of human condition is not Saint vs sinner, but rather one who does not give a shit about others and ones who are idiots.

aj_shutterbug t1_j61r3t4 wrote

Legend goes that Tonelle circle gave Dante the idea of the circles of hell.

Swoah t1_j62yax3 wrote

On the bright side it sprouted a new economy of people selling food and begging for money every time the light turned red

MrsH912 t1_j61fx2j wrote

Rt 24/ 287N. 80E/287S

beowulf92 t1_j61hejc wrote

When I worked in Parsippany, I'd go in at 630 am and that 287 exit would be backed up already. Insane.

MrsH912 t1_j61ix0j wrote

It’s backed up nearly all hours now. Infuriating.

polchickenpotpie t1_j61zgvs wrote

It's even better when someone who's in a bigger hurry than everyone else on the highway totals another car trying to merge right where it splits, then causes a jam that almost reaches Chatham.

ansky201 t1_j64jfs0 wrote

I take 287 south to 80 east several days per week, usually around 7am, and it's never backed up. Pre-Covid that area was a nightmare, but not anymore.

itsaboutpasta t1_j61jzcu wrote

Clark traffic circle - specifically the left turn to get onto Central Ave from the middle of the circle. There’s 2 left turn lanes, but only one (in the middle) takes you to Central Ave; the leftmost one brings you back around the circle. Like 95% of the cars in the leftmost one will cut you off under the bridge so they can get onto Central Ave. Its so dangerous and so predictable but it’s been like a decade and no one has done anything about it.

MoJoe-21 t1_j61wo1k wrote

Rt 1&9 roundabout towards Holland Tunnel

apatheticsahm t1_j6176hw wrote

Aside from the usual (45/80/23, 1-9/78/Airport)?

Exit 145 Southbound GSP to 280. That high, narrow, curved ramp will never not freak me out

gsp137 t1_j63m6wm wrote

Southbound Parkway, approaching RTE 1. A cluster….always. And to those who cut the line for the exit to RTE 1 south, may you rot in traffic hell.

coreynj2461 t1_j63fywg wrote

Route 22. People merging in and out of the businesses, dangerous entrance ramps for uturns with no acceleration lanes

D00TZpop t1_j60zsy6 wrote

38 and 295 in mount Laurel

morbidxtc6 t1_j6394jf wrote

Yes! And also the intersection after you get off 295 onto 38 and need to make a left onto Marter Ave by the Dunkin Donuts. You have to cross like 7 lanes of traffic coming from 3 different directions. I have to go there for work a couple times a month and I hate it!

D00TZpop t1_j63h5ln wrote

I literally make that turn daily, it’s the worst

css555 t1_j61zpm5 wrote

An interchange that doesn't exist, but should - 287 and E. Hanover Ave. Costs me many minutes of unnecessary extra travel time every day.

LootFroop t1_j64i4r4 wrote

Communipaw/440/1-9

ansky201 t1_j64jwf5 wrote

280 West at the 287 exit where Route 46 West is also merging into the same lane. Totally ridiculous to even have that ramp from 46 when you can just go another half mile up 46 and get on 80/287 at N. Beverwyck Rd.

thistooshallpass11 t1_j62xy77 wrote

The rt 17 and rt 4 roundabout. Doesn't matter if you're going north, south, exiting to go east whatever it sucked.

Only to be made worse once they start expanding rt 17 south after the mall. Going from 2 lanes to 3 lanes so the traffic will be horrendous on certain days.

FireZombie t1_j631ziv wrote

Wait, is that actually happening???

thistooshallpass11 t1_j6328y8 wrote

Yes ma'am!!! Finally right?!?!

They're starting sometime this year. Before the summer I believe and it's gonna be awhile before that entire thing is done. Widening right after the mall going south and somewhere going north too ofc.

It's needed. Been needed for decades so while they do what they need to do ....... we'll be in traffic jam Hell?!

FireZombie t1_j632dyr wrote

Oh it’s gonna be hell while it’s being worked on but it’s so needed!!!!

thistooshallpass11 t1_j632oyg wrote

We used to live in the area. Probably less than a mile behind the Starbucks going North and I cannot tell you how relieved we are that we no longer live there.

We still need to commute back and forth in that entire exchange of rt 4 and rt 17 but not necessarily going south into the repair area. I'm just weary that the residual backup that we'll see in the mornings while they do construction.

I'm not where near there in the afternoon or during the evening rush hour but I'm sure it'll be just as bad.

I'll pray do us both.

FireZombie t1_j6332m4 wrote

Lifelong Paramus resident here and I refuse to go that way unless I absolutely have to. It’s horrendous.

thistooshallpass11 t1_j633pt6 wrote

There's the back roads ofc. Being a life long Paramus resident you know there's Paramus Rd or Fairvew Ave that kinda runs parallel to rt 17 so you may avoid that area.

My son attends the private school there in Paramus so I have to head towards that mess every morning regardless. We'll all just need to be patient and understand that it's for the better ofc

AnNJgal t1_j641yqi wrote

Newman Springs Road/35. That damn train!

MichaelPichardo t1_j62ut0f wrote

Clifton and Paulison Ave was hell during Clifton high school dismissal, thank god that i don’t have to walk in that intersection anymore.