Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

kittyglitther t1_j5av41j wrote

They find a below average apartment or they live in areas that aren't "decent" or they get roommates.

njpaul t1_j5awt6b wrote

Your salary isn't midrange for the area, and Clifton is not a bad area really.

Taro-Admirable t1_j5aw88i wrote

When you find out let me know. I'm fortunate. I have q good spot (apt inside if a house) in a nice neighborhood for well below market rate. But if the landlord ever decides to sell the house I know I can't stay in the area. I will move to another state but not sure where.

heroofthewest1 t1_j5awm50 wrote

Where do you work? I’d say start looking further West in North Western NJ for more affordable housing. I know when I finally manage to scrape the money together to buy a house, that’s where I’ll be looking.

TheRacoonist t1_j5az63z wrote

How exactly is Clifton a "bad area"?

fuzzy_dunlop_221 t1_j5azp14 wrote

Suck it up and move in with parents or suck it up and live in shittier neighborhoods or get a roommate and suck it up with the pros and cons of roomies.

Yeah welcome to the club lol but if the places you're looking at is near 2k you are kind of searching the wrong places to live. I can find a nice 2br, 1 ba, laundry and utilities in North jersey some of em in bergen. Probably multi family house though.

PlungedUnicycle t1_j5axof5 wrote

I saved my money since I was 14 and put a down a large down-payment on a condo mortgage is only 1200$ a month

mac_a_bee t1_j5auxjv wrote

Minimize other costs.

−2