Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MajesticOuting t1_j9ve81w wrote

Isn't that the noted conservative anti-transgender activist?

Impossible_PhD t1_j9vu90v wrote

Yeah, and IIRC, she's been caught making up stuff about all this quite a few times. It would not surprise me in the least if it turns out that she and her lawyers are bending the truth at best, and that this lawsuit isn't something they particularly care about winning--it's ammunition as part of the larger right-wing anti-trans push. Like, I can't say for sure that she's lying through her teeth, but for the timeline she claims to have happened is just about unthinkable. Trans adults are only rarely able to get treatment at the rate she claims to have gotten it, and there are so many more rails to slow things down for kids--especially under WPATH SoC7, which she was treated under.

I'm not saying this is bullshit... but I'm saying something smells very off

Karenomegas t1_j9vfzzi wrote

Just read up on her Wiki. What a train wreck. We are going to be seeing them for a long time it looks like. They have been cultivating this for a bit.

Edit: I wonder how much a troll they really are?? Like would they tour with Blair?

sanash t1_j9vgpq4 wrote

There's just way too much money being tossed around so you're going to see all sorts of losers come out of the wood work to get in on the grift.

Candace Owens was probably the first person to successfully get in on the right wing grift machine and became the model for how to pull it off.

It's super easy to do and especially profitable if you fall into a minority group.

This pickme conservative is going to make bank on their grift now that conservatives have ramped up their genocidal trans rhetoric.

masterofshadows t1_j9vrnm2 wrote

You forget ann coulter. That's been her grift for years before Owens.

mtarascio t1_j9warmv wrote

I know it's a problem but it's not super easy.

We're talking handfuls of people that got to this level.

Like Kyle literally had to murder people to get in on the grift.

PeliPal t1_j9vigyt wrote

Transphobes tell us over and over that detransitioning is all over the place, there's hundreds of thousands or millions of detransitioners - and yet they only know about the one or two political operatives circulating on right-wing media. And they can't point to any peer-reviewed study showing detransition due to not actually being transgender (as opposed to detransition because of poverty or discrimination) is more common than being struck by lighting.

Even Joe Rogan had to correct pedophilia-activist Matt Walsh that he had inflated the number of teens on puberty blockers by a hundred times what it actually is. They don't care about facts.

Sheeple_person t1_j9vvlla wrote

You know you're really spewing bullshit when Joe Rogan is fact-checking you.

Cranktique t1_j9w0vfa wrote

Idk, I’ve seen him do it lots. During the whole anti-vax thing he real time fact checked a lot of people. They’d make a claim and he’d tell his dude to look it up and debunk the claims right there. It’s one thing I don’t think he gets enough credit for.

−25

SmokesQuantity t1_j9xfbnb wrote

He should learn to fact check himself

Cranktique t1_j9z1oyt wrote

For real he should. I am not a fan, I find him arrogantly ignorant, but I have a coworker that watches him on YouTube constantly and I have seen him pull fact checks on quite a few people. Was rather surprised.

dostoevsky4evah t1_j9x8ake wrote

Maybe but the fact checking on Matt Walsh was utterly spectacular.

tyler1128 t1_j9w4ppf wrote

Ironically, there's a study posted to /r/science near the top right now that puts the regret rate around 0.3%. That's better than most surgery.

Deskanar t1_j9y0kik wrote

Semi-true: that study is showing people who decide to get their surgery reversed. People express regret at around a 2% rate for gender-confirming surgeries…compared to around 13% for elective surgeries in general, so still way, way better.

tyler1128 t1_j9y5hnc wrote

That is true for this study. There are other studies that show the largest cause of medical regret in gender affirming surgery comes from social pressure as opposed to internally based regret though.

WaterHaven t1_j9vq69p wrote

Depressingly laughed at peer-reviewed study. Anti-education, anti-science people would only double down if they saw something of that nature.

InTheEndEntropyWins t1_j9yuwch wrote

>Transphobes tell us over and over that detransitioning is all over the place, there's hundreds of thousands or millions of detransitioners - and yet they only know about the one or two

Well obviously your aren't going to have thousands wanting to go on media tours. If you want to get a better gauge then look at how many are suing in class action lawsuits.

In the UK a large number of suing the NHS, plus the Tavistock clinic which was responsible got closed down as a results and reviews are ongoing.

​

>The Tavistock gender clinic is facing mass legal action from youngsters who claim they were rushed into taking life-altering puberty blockers.
>
>Lawyers expect about 1,000 families to join a medical negligence lawsuit alleging vulnerable children have been misdiagnosed and placed on a damaging medical pathway.
>
>https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tavistock-gender-clinic-to-be-sued-by-1-000-families-lbsw6k8zd

−6

PeliPal t1_j9zjtfx wrote

The source is tabloid yellow journalism - no '1,000 families' EVER materialized. The number was a complete lie, you can't google it and find any source actually corroborating a number or names that isn't quoting anonymous 'lawyers'. You only find that The Times article that originated it, and various rightwing and Christian evangelist op-eds repeating it. And the Tavistock clinic was set to be replaced with multiple new gender clinics to handle higher capacity.

InTheEndEntropyWins t1_j9zoaez wrote

>The source is tabloid yellow journalism - no '1,000 families' EVER materialized. The number was a complete lie, you can't google it

How many was it then?

>. You only find that The Times article that originated it, and various rightwing and Christian evangelist op-eds repeating it.

It was in left and right wing papers.

>And the Tavistock clinic was set to be replaced with multiple new gender clinics to handle higher capacity.

It feels like you are trying to rewrite history about why it closed. It was closed due to reviews about it's failing. It wasn't just closed to make room for more centres.

The type of treatement and aproach needed to be completely changed.

>Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust has been told to shut the clinic by spring after it was criticised in an independent review.
>
>Instead, new regional centres will be set up to "ensure the holistic needs" of patients are fully met, the NHS said.
>
>https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62335665

Pick whatever left wing paper you want and read their articles on Tavistock.

−5

Good-Expression-4433 t1_j9vs7mm wrote

Yes. Chloe Cole is an absolute train wreck of a person, a Candace Owens style grifter, and has become a major "leader" with the TERFs.

The detransition rate is simply almost nonexistent, most detransitioners retransition after they have more social support, and the amount of barriers in place to prevent even a consenting adult from getting surgery, much less a minor who has even more, to prevent mistakes from happening. Which btw, surgeons basically won't perform full genital reassignment on minors anyways, but "pick me's" like Chloe Cole let everyone point to a single person who had some form of trans care as a minor and use them as the basis to attack and want to outlaw all trans care.

derpwild OP t1_j9vp877 wrote

thejoeface t1_j9x7bio wrote

From that article

> Another example can be seen following her May testimony before Ohio lawmakers: Cole alternates between being unable to answer questions coherently, then responding with apparently rehearsed answers posed by Republican lawmakers.

That’s pretty suspicious