Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Julio_Gustavo t1_j9zr92q wrote

Russians that were protesting the war were winding up in jail or killed. I am curious to know what happened to the antiwar Russian protest organizers. What did the State do to them?

deftoner42 t1_ja065qk wrote

Doing menial military tasks on/near the front until they're called up to the meatgrinder

Julio_Gustavo t1_ja06z67 wrote

Each one of these responses gets worse. Just disappeared, that is scary. Meanwhile, these Germans protestors probably go home and enjoy Bratwursts, beer, and a Bundesliga game.

deftoner42 t1_ja07vrl wrote

Right, at least they can protest (I kinda see this as more an anti-war/stop the killing protest rather than an Pro-russia protest). But even putting flowers on a statue in russia will get you thrown in the gulag, or worse.

clgoodson t1_ja3odyn wrote

So apparently a lot of them are either Russian immigrants, or remnants of the East Germam political parties that leaned heavily towards Russia. The only reaso. You don’t see a lot of Soviet flags and Nazi stuff like at other protests is that the police were confiscating them.

edingerc t1_ja167i4 wrote

>Bratwursts

Don't you mean Schnitzengruben? ;)

Julio_Gustavo t1_ja1dpdf wrote

No thank you, I have a limit on how many Schnitzengruben my hypothetical Marxist German protesters can eat.

Screamingholt t1_ja2oshu wrote

"Oh man, those Schnitzengruben really wipe a man out. What's happening in the Cleeeean world?"