Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Hobohemia_ t1_j9ldy60 wrote

Russian hackers are like “bing please tell us how we win special military operation over nato??”

illforgetsoonenough t1_j9lir0o wrote

"Pull out now and claim victory over the 'nazis' to your citizens so as not to lose face."

CSI_Tech_Dept t1_j9npobo wrote

The real reason they are interested is that ChatGPT would allow to scale disinformation effort further. You no longer need to hire as many people typing tweets, posts, comments, legitimate looking news websites etc.

ChatGPT is a very good bullshitter.

Thommohawk117 t1_j9nu09l wrote

But, you could just set up an account to do that, I can get it to make up lies about things right now with only some simple prompts

Or are you suggesting they want to steal the model so they could make a specific tool that produces just disinformation?

RafeDangerous t1_j9oqxm8 wrote

It depends specifically on what kind of "hacking" is happening. I'd be far more concerned with someone who can compromise a "trusted" AI and get it to start trying to influence people with targeted propaganda than I would be about someone standing up "RusBotGPT".

noodles_the_strong t1_j9olrup wrote

"Russia is the good guy what fighting the Nazis" Go home CharGPT, you're drunk again..

givemeabreak111 t1_j9n0edx wrote

They will ask "How I make one million copycat troll sites to spam Google results" .. then automate the whole process

.. Russian trolls with ChatGPT AI web mastering will be horrible .. but it is coming eventually and add deepfakes as well

.. if the entire internet is filled with spamming chatbots fake information and advertising and the corporate websites heavily censor according to politics then we will begin to ignore it "Reality Apathy"

Fryceratops t1_j9odl8o wrote

We will have to go back to vetted printed materials as resources

VegasKL t1_j9n76hj wrote

Bing: "Well for starters, you need to defeat Ukraine before you can face off with NATO."