Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

InternationalCut2610 t1_j8gsxd6 wrote

Some of the outspoken UFO researchers for years, maybe even decades have been saying the reason that the government won't disclose is because they are interdimensional phenomena, vs interstellar. Because that would shatter our idea of what reality is.

I've never been sold on it, mostly very skeptical. But I'm a little more open to it now that our government is slowly acknowledging things that they for decades said didn't exist, have been monitored, recorded and we can't explain it.

lunchypoo222 t1_j8h3jbz wrote

Inter-dimensional travel is something I can easily suspend my disbelief for, simply because the universe as we know it is so vast and uncharted. I know zilch about astrophysics and really zilch about most other physics in general. But nature is comprised of some pretty surprising things. I guess the adage of ‘we don’t know what we don’t know’ comes to mind. Either that or I’m just ignorant and easily convinced, haha

FapMeNot_Alt t1_j8ijkac wrote

I've seen gasses combine to create solids, inedible clothing turned into juice and hard metal pulled from liquid medicine.

All of these are essentially magic to me, even after the time I've put into learning chemistry and understanding the changes occurring. If inter-dimensional travel was announced tomorrow I would be fascinated, but there's no reason to think it's impossible. We just haven't figured out how to do it yet.