Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CouchRadish t1_je8gr9i wrote

I sense a very distinct sharing between that forced positivity towards a Senator spending months institutionalized with depression and modern self-care ✨ mentalities of being okay with things like throwing away the majority of your personal responsibilities for the sake of mental stability.

−37

km89 t1_je8koaz wrote

>modern self-care ✨ mentalities of being okay with things like throwing away the majority of your personal responsibilities for the sake of mental stability.

Do you need a mop to clean up the condescension you just dripped all over the floor?

Dude's been hospitalized for weeks. This is either a suicide attempt or fallout from his stroke, or both. Question his current fitness to hold office all you want, but throwing away your mental health for the sake of impressing people who would approve of that is just fucking stupid.

CouchRadish t1_je8mo3e wrote

You might picking up all your straw? I never dismissed him for having to be hospitalized for depression (to be frank the only ones dismissing that are the people clamoring for him to be back to working in the Senate). I was dismissing the people forcing positivity on this situation by trying to rephrase everything they had to change to let a stroke victim in recovery do his job as a senator as a positive.

−24