Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SheriffComey t1_jebxnm8 wrote

That's just it, when it was a party town most spring breakers either brought their own liquor and didn't visit many establishments or they only bought the cheapest, bottom shelf shit.

Add to that they would regularly break the rules with hotels and pack as many people as possible to reduce the cost.

As a resident, Spring Break is so much better than it used to be.

SuicideNote t1_jecj64p wrote

Jesus sounds like British people on Ryanair vacations to Continental Europe.

Amsterdam literally launched a campaign to get them to not visit:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65107405

Neokon t1_jecswtu wrote

When I went to Amsterdam a hot while back (like 2015) there were so many shit faced Brits roaming the streets. All daring each other to go to a brothel and dicking around front of the entry doors.

Went to one of the sex shows (because why not?) and there was a group who were all laughing their asses off, way more than they should have at the banana bit.

One then threw up on the floor and they all just left.

IamJacksUserID t1_jeeawwa wrote

I was walking past a bar in Amsterdam, and looking through the windows, all the dude’s (and it was mostly dudes) had their dicks out and were pogoing up and down. Pants around ankles.

Apparently the Brits won a big football match?

*I did not go in.

Most-Resident t1_jeh2yjw wrote

You made me remember a trip i got to go on work to madrid. I paid for staying through the weekend. The streets were full of bars hostels and young people on holiday. Didn’t see anything too wild but people were lit up. It was fun but I didn’t have to live there.

ChimpanzA_2_ChimpanZ t1_jee32hb wrote

Spring breakers now have Air BnB where they can pack people in with out worrying about being kicked out of a hotel room for breaking noise or occupancy limits.

kritycat t1_jefpmx5 wrote

Airbnb's typically prohibit. parties and hosts are obsessively vigilent about occupancy. They also have no problem calling the cops on their renters--Airbnb goes to the mat to defend hosts.

BSB8728 t1_jee8m0r wrote

Just like the scenes in the 1960 version of Where the Boys Are. Good movie.