Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

spqrnbb t1_jbgrxmd wrote

I'd appreciate it if the parents raised their kids to respect authority.

Pickle_Slinger t1_jbgtbx5 wrote

Unfortunately the parents are part of the problem. The article states that this started when a mother and her child came to the school targeting a student. Parents shouldn’t be getting involved in children’s disputes.

Mparker15 t1_jbgy472 wrote

Respect for authority is kind of a loaded term and not always a good thing. It's better to learn just to respect people as people

level_17_paladin t1_jbheknr wrote

Did you see how adults responded to vaccines and mask mandates when guidelines were issued by the CDC?

seafloof t1_jbhv6a3 wrote

It’s not even about teaching kids to respect authority; it’s about teaching respect for other PEOPLE.

pegothejerk t1_jbgsnex wrote

I’d appreciate it if authority today had done their jobs without corruption and bigotry so they’d be worth respecting. No one should blindly respect a title. That’s how you get “just following orders” type problems.

oxslashxo t1_jbgxi9w wrote

Hard to do when half the country is on shit jobs with inconsistent schedules and have no shot at properly raising a child.

−4

[deleted] t1_jbgvwl4 wrote

[removed]

−5

inab1gcountry t1_jbhbcid wrote

It’s fun to think that. But at the same time, I bet most of the students arrested can name one elected official in their entire state. Imagine thinking that trying to bite a cop is a smart play.