Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

blisstaker t1_jed4i9y wrote

they arent the only manufacturer doing that and both toyota and mazda recently said they want to concentrate on higher priced cars

I-tell-you-hwat t1_jeea906 wrote

There is such a disconnect between manufacturing and the public it’s fucking insane.

Here we all are struggling to buy groceries because EVERYTHING is going up and all of these people who make shit (cars and other products) continue as if everyone has the money to by an fucking f150 xlt trim for 70 fucking k. Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

In 2013 i bought a brand new F150 Platinum for 48k. Now you can hardly find an xlt for that.

moistsandwich t1_jeedkbb wrote

There’s no disconnect. These companies just don’t care about you. They’re making record profits by targeting wealthier, high-end consumers.

Lysandren t1_jeeimjq wrote

Just milk whales. It works for gacha games.

I-tell-you-hwat t1_jeeoxwh wrote

That IS the disconnect. No shit it doesn’t care. Everyone knows this. There are MILLIONS of people they could sell products to but they cater only to higher classes.

moistsandwich t1_jeexivi wrote

“Disconnect” to me seems to imply that they’re not understanding consumer needs. My point is that they understand consumer needs quite well. They just don’t see any profitability in meeting those needs.

They’re connected. They hear you. They just don’t care about what you’re saying.

I-tell-you-hwat t1_jef9w7c wrote

And making the working class not able to afford proper transportation to and from work is bad for the entire economy not just automotive.

The disconnect is with THEM. Not us. Their idea that only the wealthy matter IS the disconnect. Disconnect doesn’t mean “doesn’t think about it”. It means they fundamentally fail to realize the importance of supplying the people with their needs. Regardless of their thoughts on it, the disconnect is that they purposely don’t care. They are making money “now” and are disconnected from the wants and needs of the majority of the population because all they see is big immediate bucks for a single purchase and not sustainable growth.

🤷🏻‍♂️

−2