Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Most_Ruin_3005 t1_iu37f5f wrote

IKillZombies4Cash t1_iu3vusk wrote

Well I’m not pro cop either…like we NEED law and order, but we don’t need oppression either.

We need police who live in and know the community, we need cities to not be crime ridden, and a lot of that is bringing back blue collar living wage jobs that out compete the street hustle for labor, it’s complicated and any reasonable person would agree with this on some level

ouchouch2233 t1_iu3z6cs wrote

I think everyone would agree with you on "needing law and order" the issue most people have is when (insert article) "Cop put on paid leave after 30 years on the force after accusation of sexual misconduct with 5 boys". Then people come out of the wood work "Oh yeah Officer touchboys everyone knew he touched boys! No one said anything due to harassment from other cops, and the union wouldn't fire him even after he killed that guy on the street for no reason". You can be for law and order. The US system needs serious reform and accountability for its enforcers otherwise the system remains broken

aluminum_oxides t1_iu4o4og wrote

Why? Did you know that historically police are a recent invention?

IKillZombies4Cash t1_iu4qrq5 wrote

So is clean water and sewers.

But I'm all ears for your ideas, Again, I'm not 'pro police' but I'm not 'defund the police', neither is the answer, but in our hyper-partisan world, they are they only two choices, and both are wrong, and people get blasted by the extreme right or left when they don't pick one of the extreme right or left 'fixes'.