Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SprinklesMore8471 t1_it3t3gd wrote

I'll never understand how a case like this doesn't garner any attention at all.

mcs_987654321 t1_it4l6o5 wrote

I mean, it was a really huge deal at the time of the attack (mass murder? Spree killing? Not sure what term best applies here).

In term of covering the case, I suspect (and hope) that it’s very intentional. Because this guy is a self-obsessed sociopath, is very obviously getting off on putting on a show, and he would no doubt love to have a media scrum outside the courthouse everyday.

It’s awful enough that the witnesses/family members have to endure that kind of disgusting disrespect, there is no upside widespread coverage (beyond basic daily rundowns).

SprinklesMore8471 t1_it4m0bj wrote

I see your point and I do wish more cases would be handled this way. But they're not, the media typically loves these happenings for the ratings. This case in particular though seemed to only be shared on local news though.

ProfessionEuphoric50 t1_it4jjl4 wrote

It's been in the news quite a bit.

[deleted] t1_it547ad wrote

[removed]

ProfessionEuphoric50 t1_it5504a wrote

I don't know what you people are so upset about, it's being reported in major news channels like everything else. It's just not a particularly controversial case.

−1

wonder590 t1_it5wxji wrote

What are you talking about? Its literally tens of thousands of viewers for the live stream every day for the past two weeks, and it was national headlines when it first happened.

−2