Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dzastrus t1_itu3jxp wrote

It's the Anthropocene Extinction and it spreads the whole world wide. It caught snowcrabs, krill and penguins and they died, died, died.

loveispenguins t1_itwp0td wrote

The saddest part with the snow crabs is how many people focused on how difficult it’s going to be to buy crab legs.

At least with penguins people aren’t saying “that sucks those things were delicious.”

technofox01 t1_ityvpem wrote

Dude you called me out on the crab legs but I am willing to give up eating them if it means they make a come back. Extinction of any animal is terrible, no matter how tasty they are.

Zacho37 t1_itu7ki2 wrote

I hope it gets humans next

Soren_Camus1905 t1_itval4g wrote

Nah I enjoy my life thank you

cenmosahd t1_itwpwkv wrote

Start with yourself if you feel that strongly.

−3

2s3lf4war3 t1_ituiu5x wrote

that's weird, aren't you a human?

−19

[deleted] t1_itv3xj3 wrote

[removed]

2s3lf4war3 t1_itwxxk1 wrote

guys the world isn't black and white.

you can be self-loathing, fat redditors in your basement if you want to, that doesn't make your blanket statement that the entire species sucks and is destroying everything factual or correct. doesn't make any of your pathetic downvotes matter a whit either.

like seriously - the young generation downvoting me? y'all self-loathing shit, woe is me bullshit needs to fucking go away. nobody has it perfect, grow the fuck up and stop acting like everyone and everything is bad when things get tough

fucking bunch of wimps. but keep acting like i'm wrong for defending the species you yourself are a part of.

−1

thatcoldrevenge t1_iu5w1fz wrote

Please tell us more about how you don't care about downvotes yet do nothing but insult your audience when they downvote you.

Ayzmo t1_itvlfjv wrote

The world would be better off without humans.

Jeahn2 t1_itwt361 wrote

Too bad, since we're here to stay.

Ayzmo t1_itx3noa wrote

At the rate we're destroying the environment, unlikely. Unless something major changes, we're kinda fucked. Global seafood stocks are down across the board and 70% of seafood species are on the brink of crashing due to overfishing.

Jeahn2 t1_itx4c4l wrote

>Global seafood stocks are down across the board and 70% of seafood species are on the brink of crashing due to overfishing.

We're not going to die off just because of that.

−2

Ayzmo t1_itx80a1 wrote

You're correct. But fish species collapsing will impact the entire world's ecosystems. So many depend on the ocean and on fish. Not to mention fish is the primary form of protein for 20-30% of the world's population.

vengeful_toaster t1_itvpg07 wrote

I thought it was the holocene extinction?

Angeleno88 t1_ity20uo wrote

Same thing. It goes by multiple names.

Holocene extinction, Anthropocene extinction, and 6th mass extinction.