Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

nekochanwich t1_ixfcrwe wrote

> Allowing a lower court ruling that permits Saturday voting to stand creates β€œan unequal system, where some counties will vote on November 26 and others will not,” lawyers for the GOP committees wrote.

Who's stopping these other counties from voting on November 26th?

QwertySomething t1_ixfeaub wrote

No one.. aaaand...we can vote through the first week of December too. Saturday is a good day and Warnock did his homework to get people out. I'm in GA.. but I mailed my vote. It's all silly...he immediately sued the state right after the runoff was announced. Shenanigans always. Runoffs were even based on a racist practice to limit votes for a black candidate...

critically_damped t1_ixg9d0o wrote

No one is. You really gotta remember that they say wrong things on purpose.

foxbones t1_ixglnb8 wrote

Nothing. They live in areas where you can walk into the single voting place on election day and finish in 10 minutes.

Cities have way more people and tons of voting places were randomly closed so a lot of people vote early because lines can be extremely long on election day which is a day most people work.

It's as simple as early voting allows more people to vote, so Republicans want to get rid of it.

Heated13shot t1_ixh1ybw wrote

The lawsuit is clearly trying to see a "lowest common denominator" presadent too. There are more gop counties than dem. Once this case makes headway just axe early voting in all red areas to 10am-2pm on half the weekdays and bring the same damn suit.