Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CohlN t1_ixu4zzd wrote

i think it depends on what you’re looking for and where you get it

i found some good deals (decently lower than MSRP)

killa_cam89 t1_ixuixrb wrote

There are definitely some good deals out there. But I also saw the Nintendo Switch for $300 and went wait isn't it always $300.

BlueShire_Ace t1_ixujqwu wrote

Nintendo products rarely go on sale.

Mizral t1_ixuoy0v wrote

Yeah I'll be buying a switch and some games tomorrow, lowest prices I've ever seen on the console.

Aleashed t1_ixw0bhb wrote

They can’t advertise or sell Switch for less than MSRP. Best they can do is bundle other stuff you likely don’t need or want to increase the “value”

It’s stupid, I just bought an used Switch for $250.

arms98 t1_ixvgqoo wrote

Generally the best you get on black friday are bundle deals

Ipokeyoumuch t1_ixuotcp wrote

I mean it is Nintendo. Their products rarely go on sale and when it comes to consoles it is extremely rare to have a price drop. However, many stores will add a game or two to sweeten the pot, especially during holiday season.

Cactuszach t1_ixuyecr wrote

You got Mario Kart for free in the holiday bundle, so still a deal.

some_onions t1_ixy6awq wrote

The Switch is very overpriced and outdated at this point. $300 for a console built on 2015 smartphone parts. There hasn't been a price drop or significant hardware revision (in terms of processing power) in the entire 6 years since it's release. At this point you're better off waiting for the Switch's successor. Or better yet, you could put that $300 towards a PC and emulate Switch games at 4k 60fps (a better experience than the actual console).

Skarth t1_ixzu7wp wrote

Outdated doesn't mean anything for a games console. You buy it for the games, not the hardware.