Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Biguitarnerd t1_iwuwkhn wrote

I’m just gonna keep this safe for y’all in case it’s worth something later… I’m not saying I’m gonna return it but…. I’ll keep it safe.

[deleted] t1_iwuztv6 wrote

Next they'll be seizing the property purchased by FTX. The multi-million dollar homes that were purchased with company funds but whose paperwork shows the senior members of FTX/Alameda as the individual owners respectively.

Edit: wording

Jasonotg0 t1_iwvg3rr wrote

About a year ago I discovered all my fortune cookies in my Chinese food order were actually ads for FTX. Even the fortunes were crypto puns or just telling you to invest.

I can safely say I have never been so happy to see a downfall. I don't even care about fortune cookies so much, but there's just something about that move that makes my blood boil.

SharpieBass t1_iwux0z8 wrote

I am more interested to know the over/under for the release date of the Netflix or Amazon, Apple, etc. movie about this gongshow.

officerfett t1_iwv1yd1 wrote

I wanna see a Musk meltdown movie done in the style of a 1970's disaster flick.

neerrccoo t1_iwvtus9 wrote

He’s gona go full Bond villain. Set crash courses for all thousands of satellite. Cover LEO in a debris field. Then install malware that directs teslas to autopilot themselves into crowded pedestrian areas. Bore under major cities, set off secret nukes Iran/russia/china give him in exchange for the promised mayhem.

officerfett t1_iwvyyn4 wrote

They’ll Howard Hughes him before they let him go too far. Though based on his current antics, He might already be well down that path…

Bumpredd t1_iwxivim wrote

I was thinking this very thing last night. Someone look for the jars of piss.

Talentless-Horton-T t1_iwv0f9x wrote

someone just jumped the pecking order of being payed out and it certainly wasn't tom brady lol

[deleted] t1_iwv2uvg wrote

[removed]

ItIsYourPersonality t1_iwy5u8a wrote

He’s probably doing what he feels he must to not be offed by someone he owes a lot of money to, such as the government. In return, maybe they allow him hideout/safe passage to disappear and retire somewhere so he doesn’t face punishment.

ovad67 t1_iwxe4yq wrote

This was well planned out beforehand. It was no easier than reading the tangerine dream’s manipulation. Everyone was in on it except SBF. He was used by Wall Street to steal/ hide assets and the Bahamian Government has seen this play out time and time again. That’s the price for doing business there. Everyone gets either off the hook or takes whatever is left. Next month or so will be with the new guy. He literally was just a pawn in a much larger game, that should worry you more.

Sufficient-Buy5360 t1_iwx9o9o wrote

So, FTX can bank from the Bahamas, but still file for bankruptcy protection in the state of Delaware?

electroniclone t1_iwvierh wrote

Not your keys not your coins

Every-Development398 t1_iwvsvhw wrote

I will stick to stuff my mattress with my money thank you.

ItIsYourPersonality t1_iwy6aub wrote

Literally the same concept if you are translating it to dollar bills and banks. But with crypto, there’s never a reason to use a centralized exchange besides laziness and ignorance. It’s just as easy to store your belongings on your own thumb drive that only you have access to. All of the crypto brokers are scams, even when they don’t realize it. They don’t think their job is to back client assets 1:1, but instead to use client money to grow the business and hope their collateral always covers their margin even though they deal with highly volatile products not backed by anything of actual value.

kingofpotatopeople92 t1_iwxvrmp wrote

"I live a good life but a pretty simply life. I just store all my money under my mattress. My wife and I travel, and I bought my dream car, the Cobra." - Aaron Paul

celtic1888 t1_iwvto8w wrote

FTX just needs to create a new token and move all the seized assets to that

Then they can continue to sell that one to the rubes