Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AudibleNod t1_ivb4484 wrote

So early voting may make an impact you say?

actuarial_venus t1_ivb50mu wrote

I didn't realize they named the storm early voting but it does look like it's going to have a significant impact on Florida.

cunt_isnt_sexist t1_ivb7f1i wrote

No it won't. We didn't leave for a cat 4 hurricane Ian, a tropical storm won't do shit. DeSantis is gonna go and I would stand in a cat 5 to make sure of it.

hopingforfrequency t1_ivbbjg2 wrote

Good luck! Honestly I love a little outdoor time in a tropical storm. Bring a huge thermos full of Irish Coffee!

swivels_and_sonar t1_ivbk3yy wrote

The original 4 loko.

[deleted] t1_ivc1rg7 wrote

[deleted]

swivels_and_sonar t1_ivc299m wrote

The original one with caffeine added was killing people. I had a very bad experience them when I was in high school.. haha

These days I’ll be 2 years sober later this month. Going strong and never looking back.

Luke-Wintermaul t1_ivecaly wrote

I used to funnel the original in college and then wake up I'm the morning and get a bottle of Burnett's Pink Lemonade Vodka yuck.

Archivist_of_Lewds t1_ivc7aom wrote

Well, early and mail in voting skews democrat so if the storm does impact voting it is only a net boon to getting that shit stain out of office

Ciccio178 t1_ivf1dza wrote

Those old farts will hitch sandbags to their walkers and stand out in a hurricane in order to vote! Nothing stands in the way of a retiree and their vote

Poppunknerd182 t1_ivfctro wrote

Except COVID

Ciccio178 t1_ivfxtqn wrote

COVID didn't stop Floridians. Wasn't Florida the state with the most cases, or deaths?

Afterall, that whole Corona was invented by the left to oust Trump. Everyone knows that! /s

Poppunknerd182 t1_ivfzj6f wrote

I meant it will stop quite a few of their voters.

DeSantis won his last election by less votes than people who have been killed by COVID.

inconsistent3 t1_ivbquqd wrote

thank you for voting him out! Is there early voting in Florida?

pulcherpangolin t1_ivbx9qs wrote

Yes. My rural county had four locations open for two weeks through yesterday.

cunt_isnt_sexist t1_ivcfos1 wrote

Yes, but I have had some stuff going on, got busy. Also, I've been seeing reports of rejected ballots for signatures, I'm not taking chances. I'm going in person and doing it right.

Vladivostokorbust t1_ivfleo0 wrote

It’s hitting blue counties so no, desantis wont delay anything to assist those who have to evac

Dendad6972 t1_ivb6x4r wrote

Good. The GOP tells their followers don't trust it.

KlonoaMagya t1_ivd5ud5 wrote

In Florida old people have loved it for a long time. And older people are a huge chunk of early voting. If anything in Florida only counting early could help them

HiHiHiDwayne t1_ivb5fvu wrote

It’s coming a day after Election Day..this headline is trash

[deleted] t1_ivcihpe wrote

[removed]

azdood85 t1_ivco0y2 wrote

Starting?

Bro I would like to welcome you to 2016 era CNN:

wHaT dId TrUmP hAvE fOr BrEaKfAst?!?

Then there was 2012 era CNN:

oBaMas BiRth CeRtIfIcAte, MaYbEeEe???

_Face t1_ivcqrhf wrote

BREAKING NEWS!!! The jet that disappeared still hasnt been found!!!!

GreenSeaNote t1_ivdfn3c wrote

Headline says election week, not Election Day.

The article goes on to say:

>On Election Day specifically, the current forecast for the Sunshine State calls for breezy to gusty conditions for much of the Florida Peninsula and rain chances will increase throughout the day for central and eastern cities such as Miami north to Daytona Beach and inland toward Orlando and Okeechobee.

Cricketcaser t1_ivb6avi wrote

Everyone KNOWS the Democrats run big weather. Obvious antifa false flag

ekaceerf t1_ivbj4wa wrote

Great! First Biden raises gas prices, then he made my wife a cheating whore, and he's making it going to rain!

dizzyelk t1_ivbjiae wrote

Man, that crazy Ole Biden. I hear he's been taking cherries out of chocolate covered cherries and injecting old mayonnaise in them instead.

Thatsockmonkey t1_ivc9vow wrote

Don’t worry. Desantis will extend voting in Red counties, like he did with Hurricane Ian. Nothing to see here. Definitely above board and it’s the Democrats who are rigging elections. /s

Trumpswells t1_ivcd3b8 wrote

And on the 8th day of Creation, God created Election Day in Florida and it rained down upon them.

dragonblade_94 t1_ivbuyzj wrote

You joke, but I've seen way too much conspiracy talk about how the gov has well developed weather manipulation tech. I am not going to be surprised if they start leaning into that.

Cricketcaser t1_ivc0vy0 wrote

Oh I totally expected people to think I was being serious

HerbOliver t1_ivdleyr wrote

Well, we did have a President that could change the direction of a storm with a sharpie, so…

nagrom7 t1_ivf18nb wrote

Yeah but that was a special storm. After nuking it, it became very wet from the standpoint of water.

fragnet t1_ivb7gx9 wrote

Too far to affect florida on election day. Click bait.

99Wolves OP t1_ivb4ar7 wrote

The NHC did a video on it this morning about Invest 98L which is a sign that the NHC is closely watching this storm.. Invest 98L Could become a (Sub)tropical or just Tropical Storm (maybe even a hurricane) with landfall in the US (or a Skirt but seems more like a landfall at the moment) possible on Wednesday or Thursday.

[deleted] t1_ivb7mdr wrote

[deleted]

SleazierPolarBear t1_ivcyiph wrote

That doesn’t mean it won’t impact voting. If it’s going to intensify and begetting close on Wednesday, people are going to spend the time they have late Monday and Tuesday getting the shopping and gassing part of their prep done instead of voting.

Ottobahn- t1_ivb5b6o wrote

Who needs a voter intimidation task force when something as simple as rain keeps voters away?

mchernes94 t1_ivb9nw1 wrote

Based on some of these forecast models it looks like any possible effects won’t start until after ED, so keeping my fingers crossed. But glad we’re getting some rain; here in Tampa it’s like we’ve only had a couple showers since Ian. It feels so dry out.

bucko_fazoo t1_ivbayba wrote

Fake News Weather can't fool me with this "Early Voting" scam, I'll be voting THE RIGHT WAY: in person on November 9, just like the rest of my Patriotic Brothers and Sisters in Truth! MAGA!

geronimosykes t1_ivcloz6 wrote

I wonder how many people are downvoting you without noticing the date you specified.

−2

NPVT t1_ivb58nv wrote

I wish we had rain. We are in a drought.

thoroakenfelder t1_ivbu87e wrote

Apparently our governor sold unlimited water rights to companies from the uae to farm water hungry crops like alfalfa to ship overseas and it is sapping the aquifers.

Magatha_Grimtotem t1_ivjv3py wrote

Which is why all water sources should be nationalized. It's literally a national security issue, it's insane to me that this has been allowed to continue just because a handful of assholes are making a buck of it.

gizamo t1_ivb8n9y wrote

Those 3hr wait lines in blue districts are going to be rough.

Florida's Rs are probably rushing to ban sharing umbrellas.

ChamberofSarcasm t1_ivbdln9 wrote

THE DEMOCRATS ARE USING THEIR WEATHER MACHINE TO STOP US FROM STOPPING THE STEAL. - Alex Jones, somewhere.

Doctor_YOOOU t1_ivb5pgr wrote

Just another reason why I'm glad I live in a mail voting state. It'd be a rare year when weather stops me from walking to my mailbox

drinkingchartreuse t1_ivb7jr1 wrote

Well, shit melts in the rain, republicans should stay home to avoid running into the sewers

NippleClencher t1_ivc2izo wrote

can’t believe the Republicans would even send a hurricane now to mess with the elections. how far are these damned fascists willing to go!

Flymia t1_ivb9kj6 wrote

Looks like a Wednesday storm/rain. Tuesday so far showing fine.

Early voting has been going on for 2-weeks now, today is the last day. Nothing wrong with voting on election day, but early voting could not be easier. Especially that first Saturday zero lines.

Markleng67 t1_ivbiokd wrote

Citizens have been dealing with worse than that for the last few years! I don't think that's going to have any effect at all!

Global_Box_7935 t1_ivc0zeg wrote

Doesn't matter. Vote as soon as you can anyway.

justforthearticles20 t1_ivbpr1z wrote

I'm sure DeSatan will order that Red areas be allowed to take extraordinary measures to get their Republican voters to the polls.

CaptSmallette t1_ivbsal1 wrote

The Perfect Storm… in theaters, this November.

rexiesoul t1_ivdlofm wrote

Yes, they are expecting 3 inches of rain cumulatively on the east cost by Thursday.

Whatever will floridians do. Gosh.

DigitalSteven1 t1_ivdlt0m wrote

Imagine if voters could cast their votes ahead of time to make sure they can vote. Weird fucking concept, but seems really obvious when you think of it.

VenserSojo t1_iver1f6 wrote

After election day is technically "election week" but since when did we vote after election day?

Reapersqp t1_ivey2kn wrote

Don’t elections in Florida end the 8th, I don’t think it will have much impact if any.

esleydobemos t1_ivf0m7v wrote

What does this even mean? Why is this hack journalism even seeing the light of day? What utter bullshit. CNN, you are becoming Fox worthy.

CardiologistLower965 t1_ivb7isa wrote

Watch, text voting will be made available in red counties only.

Sissy63 t1_ivb9raw wrote

They’re mostly red now tho, and dems prob already voted

whatafuckinusername t1_ivbapve wrote

lol, fuck me…started driving from Wisconsin to central Florida yesterday for vacation. Not turning back but probably not staying for very long. At least we didn’t have many plans.

ThisIsDadLife t1_ivbdm1i wrote

The conspiracy theory that led the GQP to tell their voters to wait until Election Day to cast their ballots is aging like fine milk.

JLConawayII t1_ivbgaor wrote

Don't care, I'll be there.

[deleted] t1_ivbgpom wrote

[removed]

99Wolves OP t1_ivdpe7f wrote

Tax dollars go to work tomorrow when Recon goes to investigate the storm .

reddideridoo t1_ivbq25o wrote

Stopping Florida Man from voting? I dun‘t thunked so.

Afireonthesnow t1_ivbquj2 wrote

Oh for gods sake please don't let this mean they are cancelling Artemis again

emjsb1 t1_ivbv504 wrote

The rain is racist now.

_Levitated_Shield_ t1_ivc0khb wrote

Looking forward to what conspiracy theorists come up with this.

intecknicolour t1_ivc1tfg wrote

election thugs watchers going to stop minorities from holding umbrellas.

NippleClencher t1_ivc2bo2 wrote

dood how could the republicans do this! those pesky right wingers

Enjolras55 t1_ivceijl wrote

It's not expected to hit until after the election.

tmotytmoty t1_ivcmcds wrote

Hopefully it all gets washed away

skaz915 t1_ivcxw4v wrote

It's the damn government ionizing the air and controlling the weather again 🤓🤓

fattfett t1_ivd2ya0 wrote

Biden is using his Hurricane cannon a lot lately. Can the "Jewish space lasers" be used to counteract the Hurricane cannon?

supercali45 t1_ivd5tyd wrote

God is gonna drown Florida in the next 10 years

happyaccident7 t1_ivd7xsj wrote

Florida is playing dodge ball with hurricanes. It just a matter of when the next big one to hit it.

LegitimateCrows t1_ivdalro wrote

Hahah. Crossing fingers for a cat 4 out of this. Sink that sick shaped ship!

Tactical_Leo t1_ivdhew0 wrote

Florida man checking in: I know how to swim. It’s just water. Elections are here and I’m gonna do my bit!

But here is the thing… It’s too far. Don’t think it’ll get here by Tuesday. Maybe Thursday the latest.

Smrleda t1_ivdm5f1 wrote

Once again God don’t like ugly

TryOwn231 t1_ivdvyy8 wrote

The Radical Democrats are already rigging the election by sending bad weather to stop in person voting!

Al_Bundy_14 t1_iveha7r wrote

The only race is Demmings vs Rubio. Everything else was over before it started.

BarCompetitive7220 t1_iveq031 wrote

Far-Right will blame "the rain gods" for voter interference - as these are the folks who claim that only votes on E-day should matter as all other votes could have been switched.

WolfThick t1_ivfa23m wrote

It's a scheme by the Democrats they have weather satellites and they're trying to turn over the election results MTGQ told me so.

Aaxel-OW t1_ivfjyps wrote

This wont impact voting day.

dwdrummond t1_ivfz393 wrote

The determined will make it happen

CJMcCubbin t1_ivh7043 wrote

Be a blessing if it was under water.

TylerBourbon t1_ivbgxo2 wrote

So..... let me get this straight...... the GOP and conservatives have a tendency towards connecting natural disasters and hurricanes with anything they want to claim God is angry about. yet..... then a major tropical storm has a chance of disrupting the election that they are constantly lying about..... but it's totally not God telling them to knock it off..... got it.

usafnerdherd t1_ivbu014 wrote

When they hit red states they’re the ones formed by liberal scientists

Brooklynxman t1_ivbhcno wrote

Election day ends about 48 hours from now, it'll still be well off-shore by then. If election day was Friday maybe.

MSA784 t1_ivc4clq wrote

The democrats created the storm causing a blue wave?

State_L3ss t1_ivccha2 wrote

Watch the Republicans blame cloud seeding or chemtrails by the Democrats if they lose.

SamCarter_SGC t1_ivcowbf wrote

old people will vote no matter what the weather is like

plus the forecast says it's after election day anyway

Tim-in-CA t1_ivdpgc6 wrote

If Dems prevail, the GQP will want to extend voting!

SideBarParty t1_ivb7s47 wrote

Click bait news (as usual)

No rain until the day after

−1

Lexielo t1_ivb9bsm wrote

It’s not going to be here until Wednesday night at the absolute earliest.

−1

fappyday t1_ivbh7xd wrote

Good. Maybe all the conservative geezers will stay home.

−1