TheLizardKing89 t1_j1sd68s wrote

The queen of Canada died in September.

BangBangControl t1_j1t05j4 wrote

Wrong one. That was the real one.

robbzilla t1_j1sq1ml wrote

Of COVID?

−3

tayroarsmash t1_j1u9tbi wrote

He’s referring to Queen Elizabeth who was the Queen of Canada until she died and now Chuck is the King of England.

robbzilla t1_j1v1kju wrote

When did Elizabeth say people didn't need to follow COVID rules?

Edit: I was taking the response literally that the guy had heard of the crazy queen of Canada, not Elizabeth II.

tayroarsmash t1_j1v2b31 wrote

She didn’t. They’re talking about two different people. The first person mentioned a person who is claiming to be the Queen of Canada which isn’t an actual thing but the person is real and doing that and she’s a figure in Conspiracy Theory circles and she does engage in antivax conspiracy. The second person was referring to Queen Elizabeth as a bit because technically English monarchs are still very loosely and purely symbolically are the monarchs of Canada. It was a joke about how technically the lady who is claiming to be Queen of Canada is quickly probably wrong because the “Queen of Canada” died in September because if we were giving that title to anyone it’d have been Elizabeth.

Reflecting on all this shit I just said I think I’m chronically online. My brain is broken by the nonsense happening in the world, holy shit.

robbzilla t1_j1vk8u5 wrote

Yeah, the lightbulb went on after you splained it. I was being ironic, saying that the loonie might have died of COVID, I wasn't dissing the Queen.

[deleted] t1_j1vhp43 wrote

King Charles III is also the King of Canada.