Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

chantillylace9 t1_iyzlyra wrote

OK, is it just me that I have noticed that nowadays the iPhone is super difficult to hear unless you have it on speaker?

If I just have it up towards my ear like a normal person would, I cannot hear anything!! This started maybe about five years ago, so speaker is the only thing that I can actually hear.

Relevant_Quantity_49 t1_iyzzeq3 wrote

It might be worth talking to your doctor or just seeing an audiologist. The experience you're describing was an early indicator that my grandmother was losing her hearing.

RobtheNavigator t1_iz0a5il wrote

I'm a 26 year old dude with an iPhone who has the same problem. No other indicators that the issue is me and not my phone, and I'm not someone who listens to loud music frequently or goes to concerts.

Relevant_Quantity_49 t1_iz0fmxe wrote

And I use an iPhone and don't have that problem. The only iPhone user I know who does has documented hearing loss. Personal experiences aren't exactly scientific studies or conclusive in any way. It's a possibility. It's not a certainty. Only OP can decide what to do with it.

RobtheNavigator t1_iz0ghis wrote

Never said it was a certainty, just adding my experience to the pile.

International_Bat_87 t1_iz0k0bb wrote

Possibly I remember getting my iPhone X and after three month the sound was absolutely atrocious because I’ve never called only texted since then. I bought an Apple Watch because of it then I never had a problem after I think I was just given a faulty phone. Newest MacBook I have from this year sound = flawless